brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello Beautiful World - the world indeed is so beautiful, fun and lively 🙂 

I am Hammad, I live in a lovely little country in Asia called ‘Pakistan’.

I live in a city called ‘Lahore’, which is the provincial metropolis of the Punjab province, and happens to the second largest city in Pakistan.

Lahore has a rich cultural heritage, and the people living in my part of the world are very dynamic and open.

Lahore has been a tourist hub for many years. It has a great potential to attract diverse tourists from all nationalities around the world – from lush green gardens and historically significant buildings to super great food – Lahore has everything for everyone!  Whether you are a novice traveler or an experienced tourist exploring the world – Lahore never disappoints!

The diversity that Lahore has to offer, encouraged me to become a Google Local Guide. I love to provide clear and truthful insights to the local Googlers using Maps, enabling them to make timely decisions, and choose hotels, restaurants, malls according to their requirements and standards. I believe an honest review is much better than a twisted review, which can be misleading for many people – honesty after all, is the best policy.

This year, all local guides have a chance to gather in San Francisco, CA, to meet each other, and share their unique experiences. Just thinking about meeting new people, and getting to know their culture and lifestyles is reason enough to make anyone super-excited. The sheer joy, friendship, and life-long learning will become a great hallmark in one’s life.

I cannot wait to see you all in SF,

Love you mother Earth and all its inhabitants 🙂 

Bye Bye.

hammad.jpg

Level 8

Re: Guiding is my passion

@Pravind_Yadav 

Welcome & best wishes in every field. Best of luck for future endeavours.

Level 6

Thanks bro. 

Level 10

Hi @Mayor_Yomi  @olutayoajayi  @lloyd_911  @abhi24  @ivsorochan  @Anggarawepe  @JustCallMeCoach  @juancho182  @kwee @sakib1

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 8

IMG_20170614_132352.jpg

NAME: Robert Kariuki

HOW DID I HEAR ABOUT LOCAL GUIDES.

I remember I was supposed to deliver a package to a certain place in Nairobi City but I did not know where the place was. I searched the place and found it on Google maps and even got the directions to navigate to that place. I was so excited because it had saved me a great deal of time and energy. I got curios and started to look up other places on Google maps in my local area but many were not there. Out of curiosity i started adding them up on Google maps and i discovered that I could add photos, make reviews. That is how I became a Local Guide.

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT LOCAL GUIDES.

I love nature and traveling so so much and after I started sharing on Google maps I discovered that I could help those people who could be stranded as I once was by taking photos of places I have visited and adding them up on Google maps. Being a local guide is exciting I not only get to contribute on Google but Its also an opportunity to make my country know by people planning to visit Kenya. Its just awesome that i can even connect with other local guides from my country. I have not been able to attend a meet up yet but have been able to contact some of the local guides of our area and am looking forward to meeting them and learn more from them on how i can continue to contribute to Google and make it better.

MY FAVORITE CUISINE TO EXPLORE.

Oh some chicken mushroom Pizza. I had some at TRM mall Pizza inn, its just irresistible. some local Kenyan dishes. Chapati and Minji (Chapati are like totias and minji are green peas stew), I salivate for Mashed Potatoes with minced meat stew especially from Utalii hotel Nairobi.

FUN FACT ABOUT ME.

I once did kayaking on Lake Alatoona at Camp Gideon, Acworth Georgia. it was more than fun, it was breath taking. had the sport on television many time but never dream i could participate one day.

Level 6

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

1. Name: Antonio Fernandez
  2. Location: Extremadura, SpainWhat do I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing info is very important  because we can all have real information about all the places, landscappes, restaurants, lodging and so  on before visiting them. Google maps is the best way to finf real and accurate info about any place. I love travelling  and photography  and as I use a lot Google Maps so for me was very easy to start sharing info in Google. The fact that my voluntary contributions of review's, photos, adding of places, checking the facts I is helping millions of people in the world day by day IS INCREDIBLE! 
  3. Local Guides community and program is a real nice idea from Google. We can share info and at the same time we can feel members of something bigger, a Real community that is making the travelling experience easier and better.

4. I love to share:  I love to share everything. But my great joy is to share wonderful pics and reviews about natural places
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Using google maps. Local Guides community and program is a real nice idea from Google.20180327_120257-01.jpeg20180311_174931-02.jpegP7090112-01.jpegFun Fact About Me: I love Martial Arts, mountain bike, photography and travelling. But as a teacher I love too try to help other people. 
Level 10

Hi @KCdsouza  @afraabrar  @juancho182  @HTXoutdoors  @ItsSusMi  @abhimuk  @Naim_Ahmed  @IvotiGonzalez @mo61 @elderosmel

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 6

Hi eve26168393_1763888660312377_4670301688391466052_n.jpgryone! I am new  at Local Guides Connect 

Name: Mariia

1. LocationLviv, Ukraine
  2. What I love about being a Local Guide:  I love to travel, and with pleasure share my travel experience with people around the world, I am so happy when I see that my post help travelers - to find hidden gems, to avoid tourist traps or simply to find places with local delicious food.   
  3. My favorite cuisine to explore: I am foodie and love to cook, so I with pleasure try something new 
  4. Fun Fact about me: I started to travel only a year ago, but already visited 7 countries, if I were so easygoing my previous 29 years - it would be nothing to do now 😉 
Level 10

Re: Hello~ I'm Sammie, from Hong Kong

Hi @sami2travel  @Sabirhussain14  @dineshremje  @DeltaBravo7  @Glopesfire  @Akambasiyine  @BOUDY  @krysblue @bello1  @yung79  

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 8

Name:Gurdeep Singh

Introduction :When I was young we got to travel a lot due to my father's service. After that I joined Merchant navy and then rose to  be Captain of the ship. During these times I loved exploring places and taking pictures and videos. Was always amazed at the amount of information these visual mediums provided to the people. Just because of lack of resources/technology found it difficult to share with larger audience.

Local guides:Once I took a plunge as an entrepreneur, I had the technology to share my inputs.I started late and took time to understand but felt the best way was to upload information/updates/media directly on google maps as it makes it easier to use.
I keep traveling now and always try to contribute .
Different places and people all look to technology to improve their lives and this collaborative technology can achive that. 
The more we see the more we understand.

Open to all collaborations/interactions to better understand the medium. Gurdeep SinghGurdeep Singh