brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

what most defines me and/or my experience with Local Guides.

After living abroad for the first time, I moved back home to Tanzania and realized how much information wasn't available online as it was in Europe. Zanzibar being a tourist destination I also realized how hard was it for tourist to find their way around the island as well as other remote destinations in Tanzania. This was back in 2012 and Google Map Maker was still open. So I mapped from roads, parks, schools to even ferry routes. 3 years later I moved back to Europe, so that did slow down, however I realized you could still contribute here in a different way. In Europe the basics are there, ( you don't need to map a road) but you could always add more details, take pictures, and review different locations. So I continued to do that, and though out my travel I continue to contribute.  

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Adaikkappan ("Ad") - Local GuideAdaikkappan ("Ad") - Local Guide

• Name: Adaikkappan in Short am called “Ad” by my friends and colleagues
  • Where am from: Dubai, UAE
  • About myself in short: Am an Indian working and living in Dubai with my lovely family here. Digital marketer by profession.
  • My passion: From my college days (15 years back), I love to digitally connect people. Before Google, there were other platforms like yahoo where we can form a group with email ids and send emails to the group…..I started there by forming group within all my class mates and we share information be it related to our studies or anything which is useful to others as a student. Got in to digital marketing as a career…I lived in Qatar for 6 years (I still travel there officially and personally), before I move to Qatar, I registered a domain called QatarIndians.com and had a FB page as well and today I have around 43000 followers and love to read the news which I post in and around Qatar which helps the local Indians living there….So anything which is useful to the community and that is digital, I would like to be part of it…and so Google Local Guide J

• Being a Local Guide: I use Google extensively before I choose to go to place be it with my family or friends to find out more about a shop or restaurant or a mall. This made me to know much more about a place than anyone in my family and friends group. So lot of friends asks me reviews before they decide to go which made me feel proud and happy to help and I thought I should contribute more online as a local guide who helps not only people whom I know but also others who are looking for information and quality reviews. When I see people who viewed my reviews or like it, that makes me so happy and boost me more to what am doing now. Also in my reviews I ensure I maintain quality and useful information in terms of what am reviewing about, be it how easy to reach a particular place or is it worth going all the way there. I visualize my reviews as a user who is looking for information and write it rather just throwing content for the sake of writing it.

Level 6

Hello local guides!

Hi everyone! My name is Anna and I live in Tuscany, Italy since 1987!

I became a Local Guide recently, but I love doing reviews, posting my pictures putting my comments to guide people to the best places I found during my trips!

I'd really love to attend the Connect Live in California! I love meeting new people, share my experience with them and socialize.

I'm sure that all the tools discussed there will be of great interest for everybody!

Level 8

Algeria local guide

hi everybody my name is Akram 33 years old from Algeria,my story with local guide began last year,as i travel a lot across my country who is 2.3 million kilometre square area i used google maps to know the best hotels and touristic sites in every state i visit from 48 states of the country,i followed a lot local guides and they help me to choose the perfect hotel and restaurant for me it was and still useful,i decide to be a member of the community and contribute as much as possible in every place i visit to share with community photos and videos about touristic places and hotels witch they will appreciate as i did,also contribute new locations and hotels names ,addresses and make a lot of modifications to make google maps much better and more efficient,for all local guide in algeria especially and over the world stay in touch with me to make google maps the biggest community.thank you

Level 5

Hello everyone,

I was curious as to how everyone introduces themselves on Connect, apparently I did it the wrong way a few days ago.  I saw a link to this thread elsewhere after accidentally posting in the general discussion, so please allow me to reintroduce myself.

1. Name: Stephanie
  2. Location: Savannah, GA (originally from New York )
  3. What I Love About Being a Local Guide: I get the opportunity to offer helpful tips to others.  I wrote a few reviews and I reviewed a message mentioning being a guide, and so now here I am.
  4. My Favorite Cuisine: Any and all things Seafood
  5. Fun Fact About Me: I've gone swimming in alligator infested waters, voluntarily entered burning buildings, and handled snakes without an issue, but I do not like spiders.  They are small but terrifying to me. 
Level 7

img1.jpg

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Jeet
  2. Location: India (Kolkata)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I always go out to find new places and to meet new peoples. My friends also ask me for a suggestions to where to go for hangout, or for a date, or for a good family vacation. I love to travel and to explore new places and to provide information to others so that they will get it before going there. Also wanted to share my thoughts and moments while exploring with others. Being a Local Guide gives me the opportunity to tell about me and about the places i explore and give them idea to how to go there and what to do.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything with others.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: One day i was looking for a place in google maps and get the information about that place and able to know that i can also contribute on that to help others. So from that day i started contributing.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: A traveler, explorer, photographer, nature lover, making friends all over, hangout, enjoying every moment of life and helping others.
Level 6

Re: Algeria local guide

@Akram-DZ , Hello from your Tunisian Neighbour.  My first contribution has been added during a trip to Oran in 2017, believe it or not. Algeria is an amazing country with various breathtaking landscape, but still unknown for the majority.

This is my first contribution, from Andalousia complex, Oran https://goo.gl/maps/kL9Y4AhUpVv

Level 7

Re: Algeria local guide

@Moadh_AYARI wrote:

@Akram-DZ , Hello from your Tunisian Neighbour.  My first contribution has been added during a trip to Oran in 2017, believe it or not. Algeria is an amazing country with various breathtaking landscape, but still unknown for the majority.

This is my first contribution, from Andalousia complex, Oran https://goo.gl/maps/kL9Y4AhUpVv

Could not open the link in Google Map. Welcome to the local guide connect 

Level 7

Stephanie you are one courageous woman. I will take the spiders any day.

Level 6

My name is Sunil Kumar. I am from India. Presently I am studying MBA in one of the prestigious universities in India i.e Lovely professional University. My hobbies are reading the newspaper, listening songs and watching English series, movies etc. I love to provide information for the persons who are in need. I am very confident in whatever I do. I think myself as a smart, intelligent and much more. Very much interested in stock markets. Love to travel to new places. My journey as a local guide started by adding my own house in the google maps. Later I found it is very interesting and I kept on adding new places to the maps. That makes me to get some points for my work which increases my interest even more. Mainly the points and the badges encouraged me to contribute even more to the google maps. The main reason to contribute to Google is to help others, particularly in India because I am from India. Language is a very big problem in India because there are 22 official languages and more than 1000 unofficial languages in India. It will be problematic for the persons who travel to the new states in India. So, I decided to help those persons by providing the required information in the google maps. Thank you.