brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

IMG_8130.jpgHello World!

My name is Nataliya. Nowadays I am living in Moscow region, but originally I am from Oryol. It is 360 km on South from Moscow.

To be a Local Guide - it is my hobby. My family travells very often and we like to describe all positive and negative moments of our travelling for others. We believe that it could save time to other travellers. Especially it will be useful for families with children. For us it is important part of each holiday - to investigate specific of spending time with small babies before visiting of new place.

I am interesting in the new trends of waste recycling. This sphere is not represented widely in Russia. So I am planning to start my own business, which should be connect with alternative source of energy or any type of waste recycling.

Level 5

1. Name: Nathalia =D
  2. Location: Brazilian living in Richmond VA or #rva
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love that it is simple to use and I do not need to switch apps to find directions and new places to go. Also, love that I can find a review on about anything ranging from school reviews to ice cream shops.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Currently, Asian food. Comfort Asian food is my favorite right now. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: The fact that I love Japanese and Korean music is what people usually think is funny. Also, I used to draw manga with friends. 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2018

Wow!  Your introduction is the best one I've read today.  I feel like I already know you and would like to see you in San Francisco.  You sound like a fascinating guy!

Level 6

Name: Charmaine (or you can call me Charmander!)

DSC05131.JPG

LocationSomewhere outside of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. But I'm a KL Local Guide because I love my capital city.

What I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to help people out by filling in information that has not been covered gets me really excited. Instead of spending idle time scrolling SNS, contributing to Google Maps has given new meaning to how I use my idle time. It's also really fun to correct maps, especially adding new spots. I love reading in-depth reviews by other guides because sometimes, I just really want to know more. Ever since becoming a Local Guide, my friends rely on me for suggestions for everything... An honour, but at the same time, wow. With great power comes great responsibility.

My favorite cuisine: There's no place that does food like Malaysia (except maybe Singapore, but let's not start a food debate haha! Uniting for the cause of Rendang with our neighbours, Indonesia, is a good place to be in the never ending food debate.). Malaysian food doesn't just taste good, it unites the people of the country like nothing else can. And I have not tried everything in Malaysia yet.

Fun fact about me: I bring a tiny toy bear around that I named Grisze (it's a grizzly bear and my last name is Sze) when I go out exploring. I initially got him because I was feeling a bit down from travel plans that didn't unfold as expected. Now, I have a friend. Sounds reeeaallly silly, I know, but it's just something fun about me. BONUS FUN FACT: When I travel, I look out for food, culture and history. I love stories (may be why I love reading lengthy and informative reviews!) and they enhance any experience so much more when you know a little backstory to something. To consolidate these fun stories, I've decided to take documenting seriously. Not sure if I can share my blog link here, but even if I can't... Let me know if you want tips about exploring KL! I wasn't joking when I said I love KL. If the time is right, I would even show you around. Well, mostly to bring you for food la.

DSC02690.JPG

Drop me a message if you want tips about KL v^~^

Level 6
Level 6

Re: Introduce myself

Hola!

Bienvenido @Juandaortiz! Colombia es un país hermoso y que gusto poder saber más de este país con las contribuciones de local guides como tú.  Te comento que en este tablero no es necesario escribir en inglés, hay tableros para diferentes idiomas y este es el de español. También hay tableros en donde se publica en inglés, por ejemplo este es el hilo del "Introduce Myself April": https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Introduce-Yourself-April-2018/m-p/721650#M1... . Aqui varios local guides hemos publicado nuestro post del Introduce Myselft 😃

Level 8

To start, let me introduce myself:

Name: Esther

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Since I started to share my photos and my knowleldge on Google Maps, my life has changed in all aspects.

I love to share: Eveything that I feel.

Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2017, when one of my friend worker in Google Adwords, advised me to  share my photos to Google Maps.

Fun Fact About Me: I enjoy to explore new places, but the most of the times, my clothing is not apropiate... Then I choose to go foward: you can imagine " falling down in the with mud to capture a picture of the river, or going down bt the mountain to click something which I think is beautiful for immortalize...."

My favorite cuisine:  I love spanish cuisine!!. 

Greetings from Spain

Esther GC

"waiting for somebody" in Ebro Delta - Tarragona (Spain)"waiting for somebody" in Ebro Delta - Tarragona (Spain)

Level 5

Thanks!

Happy to join you !

Former Google Contributor

Re: Hello World

Hey @idrissmatos,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Keep on reading for tips on getting started as a Local Guide :).

You can watch this video on getting started as a contributor. You’ll also be able to review the program’s rules and best practices here. Learn more about searching the community for opportunities to engage and find topics that interest you most.

I'll be moving your post to the introduce yourself  board to better organize our discussions.

I invite you to Connect and can’t wait to see what you’ll post next!

Level 8

IMG_1679.JPG

1. Name: Michael Ciurea
  2. LocationChattanooga, TN (this is where I go to college)— but I’m originally from Miami, Florida
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love giving suggestions to people about the best restaurants to go to or the most beautiful hikes in the area. Writing reviews helps me keep tabs on where I've been and reminds me of the pros and cons of the experiences I've had in the past. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: DEFINITELY ITALIAN. I studied abroad in Italy last year, so I love to try local chef's renditions of dishes I tried in the city of origin. I feel like my ratings are a bit more representative of what Italian food should taste like. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: This summer I'll be cycling across America from Baltimore to Portland to help raise money for the Ulman Cancer Fund. We'll be on the road for 70 days, visiting a new city each day. I'm beyond stoked to post pictures and write reviews from all kinds of places. We'll be all sort of places from tiny towns in Idaho, to massive cities like Portland. 
Level 6

Thank's a lot..... 😉 @GeorgesHR