brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Jessie
  2. Location: Milton, WI, USA. I lived in Northern California until I was in middle school. 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love taking pictures. Everyone always teases me for how many I take. I was so excited to learn about sharing my photos and reviews with Google. My dad got me started so now it’s turned into a competition. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: This is a hard one to answer because it depends which state I am in. Pizza is probably one of my favorites. I love finding local pizza places to see which ones are the best. Lots of people love pizza so it’s an easy one for people to relate to. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am an amputee now after living with an injured foot for over 15 years. It was supposed to make my quality of life better but instead left me more disabled. I’ve decided that instead of waiting for the time when I am “better” that me and my family are going to live life to it’s fullest. This definitely works includes traveling. It gives me a lot of different perspectives that other people might not have.  One of our goals is to visit every baseball park that the Milwaukee Brewers play at! 
Level 8

Re: Introduce yourself- Beijing Local guide

Hi

You are from Peru.....I am from India...

Google map has covered almost while world.

The day will come that each place on the earth will be covered by google local guides like us....Credit goes to Google Map.... Excellent

All the best

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 5

Greetings!

I am Mohammad Azam Khan from originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh and currently living in Seoul, South Korea. I am a local guide that achieved level 6 and a Ph.D. student at Korea University.

Being a local guide, I love to share amazing photos of places so that people can get inspired to visit beautiful places. In addition, I wanna help to people with accessibility information of different places, and to share discoveries people might not see!

I am really happy to be a member of this great community because Google maps really make traveling easier for billions of people worldwide.

One of my photos reaches ~400K views within a short period of time! let's contribute more to Google's maps for organizing the world's information in Google's way which may impact billion of people worldwide every day. Thank you.

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018 - Ritu Sharma

Hello Ritu

Happy to read about you.

You can speak many languages.

You are from Canada.....I am from India...

Google map has covered almost whole world.

The day will come that each place on the earth will be covered by google local guides like us....Credit goes to Google Map.... Excellent...

All the best for LG Summit.

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018 - Ritu Sharma

Hi @Patel412

How are you? 

From which part of India are you ? 

Level 7

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi @Wardvdh

Level 8

Hi...Terkey person

One thing I have noticed that average every person on the earth wants to help others...Helping nature whether he or she is from USA,Canada, Bangladesh,India,Peru,Japan, Turkey etc....Everyone has.....And google map has boosted the intensity among local guides or rather to say among the people who live in earth.......Great thing....And can say that yes.....World is connecting.....We are one and Credit goes to system that google map has developed fir local guides....

Thanks for reading...

Sanjay Patel

Local guide.....

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 8

Well, this is embarrassing but better late than never?

My name is Minal and I am a level 7 local guide. What defines me is that I am vegetarian foodie but sometimes get adventurous! I grew up vegetarian and I would like to help other local guides. Mostly, I like to focus on adding new businesses and help those who don't have any website or information on their location. I love to travel too so it's great to add touristic places. I try to also look for eat-out places that are low cost but have a good ambiance. That is what I started with as I was a student, which was important to save up but also get to enjoy outdoors. 

I moved to beautiful BC, 7 years ago and since then I have discovered and been on the mission of discovering new places and meeting people internationally in university.  I am bit of an introvert so Google local guides is a great way to get outside my comfort zone and do something for the community. When I started reviewing places there was no incentive to it but I just wanted to contribute and help out--there is lot that can be accomplished as a community. I was shocked when Google local guide team actually invited people over to SF and gave us incentives and this snowballed into a great huge hit!! CanadaCanadaDSC07179.JPGBelgiumBelgiumCzech RepublicGermanyGermanyDenmarkDenmark

Level 5

Dear @XanderO

Thak you for your nice suggestions.

Nice to meet you!

Best regards,

Snow

@XanderO wrote:

Hello @snowhuang

You're welcome to Local Guides community, which is called Connect! It's nice to meet you here.

Since you are new on the Community,

Sure you can find very wonderful people and interesting information here. Don't be shy :), so please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 9

Re: My introduction to the Community - David Cox

@Flash Thank you. So much for knowing the structure here.