brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi @ChefGoldy! I edited my post and added more info about where I live. You can check it here. Please let me know if you are interested in anything particular. 🙂

Level 6

1. Name: Sandeep
  2. Location: Rockville MD
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Ability to choose the best places based on the fellow guides experiences and the ability to help others do the same using my own experiences.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Mexican, Chinese, and Indian.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I traveled to the 9 (of 10) most populated cities in US (source: Wikipedia) in 7 months in 2014.
Level 8

Hey everyone. I'm Dean from Alaska. I love being a Local Guide because I want to share my home with the world. I never set out to be a Local Guide, I just fell into it. You can read about it here. The Accidental Local Guide

Self portrait on Askinuk Mountain with the Bering Sea and the Scammon Cross in the background.Self portrait on Askinuk Mountain with the Bering Sea and the Scammon Cross in the background.

Fortunately it's Spring now so I have thawed out.

Level 9

Google Local Guides | Connect Live 2018 | Being a Local Guide

Hello Worl d

• Name: Irena Savchenko
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Meeting like-minded people from all corners of our beautiful planet. The real awesomeness of Local Guides is not just the reviews, photos, videos, accurate location details, but that anyone can be a Local Guide and contribute to Google Maps, in as little or as much as one wishes. Many of my family and friends I have personally introduced to Local Guides, are already screaming about their achievements gained from sharing reviews, photos and videos.
  • I love to share: My memorable and outstanding experiences through photos and reviews, or simply over a glass of delicious beverage with friends locally and abroad.
  • How did I become a Local Guide: I went as my partner’s +1 to a Local Guide event and fell in love with the program immediately, and became part of it.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I was one of the first Local Guides chosen to take part in the Google Local Guides Swap program 🙂 It began here Madrid Google Local Guides Swap and continued here London Google Local Guides Swap 🙂 …taking me to the #BestSummitEver Google's Local Guides Summit 2017

...and here is my one minute video for the Connect Live  2018 entry

Good luck to everyone else entering for the Google Local Guides Connect Live 2018 😉

Level 6

Hello, Local Guides!

My name is Eugene Kubrak, I'm from Crimea, Ukraine. As you may know, this part of the world is trouble right now. But I feel it's very important to keep people connected to the world and share the information. I hope thing will change soon, and Crimea will get back into global community!
CrimeaCrimea

Level 5

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello All,

A brief introduction

• My name is Dean, a graduate student and research assistant.
  • Current Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • When I became a Local Guide: 2017, after moving to Canada
  • How did I become a Local Guide: Something just popped up on my Google about becoming one, I clicked and got stuck ever since then.
  • What I love about being part of the Local Guide Community: Given that I personally love using Google Maps and really find it very valuable. it gives me great joy when I’m able to contribute back to the platform - photos, reviews, answers to questions, Suggestions to corrections etc
  • Fun fact about me: I have lived, studied and worked across the continents of Africa, Europe and North America. My next target is Asia. And that goes without saying that I love to travel a lot
Level 8

Hi. Allan! 

OMG This is an amazing volcano 360! Awesome job!

Wes
Level 6

Hey Dean! I have not been to Alaska but I have been to the Northwest Territories in Canada to truck the ice roads. Your pic made me miss the beautiful white north 🙂

Level 5

Hi @Rezgar, thanks for the warm welcome and the information. 😄

Level 6

1. Name: Norbert
  2. Location: Budapest,Hungary
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: As a Local Guide I like to feel that I'm adding something to other people's lives, such as if they need informations urgently, or just help them to manage their devoutness to explore that world around them 🙂
  4. I love to share: Anything that I find necessary, usually photos which have important informations e.g. addresses, bar menus, bird's-eye view photos, meals, shopping centres. And answer those quick questions, everyone should do that!!!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I'm also a transportation engineer, so I love to talk about city traffic, public transport, and help people to get around! 🙂

Come fellow Hungarians, get our community together!