brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello All LG's 🙂

Pretty excited to post my first post here as I'm newbie on the connect forum 🙂 Will try to keep up and share some facts about myself:

image%3A1524_mirror10-01.jpeg

My name: Jelizaveta (funny fact - almost no one calls me that way - it's more of the Elsa, Eliza, Elizabeth, Lizzy or simply Liz).

What I love about being a Local Guide: it's a way of expressing yourself - giving people perspective on places. All of us are individuals and we all know the world is too big for us to explore all (I mean ALL) the corners of it. By providing simple on spot reviews or sharing images allows to share the perspective and your emotion/understanding of it. Before I travel I gather all the tips and tricks for locations noted by LG's in the reviews, I find them really helpful - so I strive to make the experience for other travelers as easy as they do it for me - by sharing and carrying 🙂

Fun Fact about me: I'm obsessed with travel plans - I mean it. I create a day by day itinerary on my maps and choose the optimal ways to visit places. Last trip to Naples took me a week to plan and enter - and you know, it was totally worth it 🙂

Places to explore: love exploring abandoned or ancient places - those have a sacred and "time-stopping" atmosphere in them. The magical feeling of discovery when you find the abandoned or ancient place and explore it is priceless and incomparable with usual explorations of the city. 

Hope we all have fun time while sharing our experiences, reviews and views of the surrounding world :3

Level 7

Re: New local guides addict! Re: Introduce yourself

Xin chào, I'm Nguyen Dinh Tuan - 36 years old from Saigon. Do you know anything about the name Saigon? It's an old name of Ho Chi Minh city - Vietnam. For Saigoner, that name is more popular and we proud of it, it reminded us about the beautiful city and named as "Pearl of the Far East" before 1975. It has a lot of interesting things to tell you about Saigon once I have a chance. Some secret tips like that you only can find it from local guide, do you like it?

My job has to travel a lot and travelling also my hobby. So whenever in a business trip or in my vacation, I try to discover and enjoy the place I came. And LG is a my best friend to help me plan for the trip, searching the best accomodation, restaurant, tourist spot, etc. With those info from LG, I'm very confident in every trip and very exicting as a local guy. Thankso help me for last few years!

I joined Google very long times ago but just joined LG community recently. I did not notice that I can become a LG until I found it by chance. It's surprised by because I can contribute my experience to help other travellers like mine.

I'm proud of my knowledge about Vietnam, especially Saigon and where I visited around the world so I can share it to make life more easier, help travellers more enjoy their trip.

Happy to connect with all of you and build up a better travelling life!

Level 6

1. Name: Man Kit KO
  2. LocationHong Kong
I am KMK. I love to travel and I would travel once I have chance. I'm really excited for this year's connect

I love to meet people with different background and cultures. I expect to meet people around the world and we could contribute to the Google Map and the local guide community which let people see more without stepping out of their Home. Especially those who might not be able to do it. And as a good reference for those who wanna visit a new place or gather more informations there as well as exploring a place before their trip.

I love to take photos and I posted quite a lot of photos to the Local Guide community. 

I love to share my photos so that people can more familiar with the places they prepare / during a visit. With the help of our review on those locations, they can me more familiarise with the place before the visit.
Level 7

1. Name: Juan Alberto
  2. Location: Gran Canaria Island (Spain). 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I am interested in social nets like this. I love writing about my feelings related to places that I have visited.  
  4. I love to share:  Photos, descriptions, stories, opinions.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I don't remember exactly the first time that I knew Local Guides, maybe 3 years ago. 
Level 6

Re: Introduce myself

Hi, just click on the 3 dotted line on the top-right hand of this post and you will find a delete option there. Hope it helps 🙂

Level 8

Re: Introduce yourself

Local Guide Introduction
  1. Name: Ilnur
  2. Location: Kazan, Russia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide is like being a superstar. My photos and reviews are watched by hundreds of thousands of people. It's exciting.
  4. My favorite things to explore: Food and drink. I love trying new food, going to new cafes in different countries. I like to eat) I'm flying to New York tomorrow and I've already made a list of the Diners I'm going to go to.
  5. How Did I Hear about Local Guides: Google Maps has asked me to be a local guide. I agreed.)
  6. Fun Fact about me: I play piano. When I was 13 I became the best pianist in Kazan.
Level 6

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello Fellow Googlers,

1. Name: Chaitanya Lunia
  2. Location: Indore (Madhya Pradesh)  India

Almost everything in life starts at home. My father is a doctor and ever since my childhood, when I started understanding things, I grew up seeing him helping & guiding others in terms of their health and well being in a very very friendly manner.

When I saw this day in & day out, subconsciously helping others became an intergral part of me and at a very tender age I was sharing my information and knowledge about almost everything with others.

I became the go-to person for my friends, family, acquaintances. People’s trust in my word and suggestions gave me an added zeal to provide everyone with the most informed, concise and best possible solution to their query.

My this personality trait has come so far that a lot of people started calling me LOCAL DIRECTORY.

Google maps provides a great platform for me to share my knowledge and suggestions with and even larger audience and that’s how I begun and continued my hobby of sharing information with the world.

I am very keen to attend this year’s connect even because up until now I was updating google maps as a novice. By attending this event, it would take my hobby and passion to the next leveland I can learn about added google maps features, how to update in the most efficient manner, how to reach out to an even larger audience, how to be a connect moderator, meet up hosts and share and take the best practices from the active local guide community.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET THE GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDE COMMUNITY !!

Level 6

11953272_10153169916063175_878381671862454322_n.jpg

Greetings

Let me introduce myself:

Name: Avishek Joshi
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Feels great to help people by sharing  photos, video and review. Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting new friends home & abroad. I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city.
I love to share: Being a photographer by profession I love sharing pictures
How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2017 .
What keeps me alive: traveling, photography

Level 9

Name: Meshack Mwangi

About Myself: I am a photographer and film maker based in Nairobi,a digital marketer and event organizer.

Knowing Local Guide: I saw a pop up on my phone asking me to contribute a review and post pictures to get points,i love being rewarded and that gave me a chance to tell people about places i visited and how i found the places.

I Love: taking pictures of places and people

Looking Forward: to meet with other local guides from all over the world in San Francisco #ConnectWithLocalGuidelocal guide-1.jpglocal guide-2.jpglocal guide-3.jpglocal guide-4.jpglocal guide-5.jpglocal guide-6.jpglocal guide-7.jpg

The_Eventsguru
Level 6

I often fail to tag a place out in the wild... I travel lot in the wild, and usually there is no connection even to 2G, to say nothing of better options. I take many geo-tagged pictures with my smartphone (to save the location), and regular ones with my SLR cameras. when I am back home I cannot place my pics / comments / guidance in Google Maps, at they stick to known places with addresses... How can post information in Goggle Maps that will be used by fellow fishermen, hikers, hunters, etc...?