cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Vikas_Singh_(1).jpgHello World !

1. 1.Name: Vikas Singh
  2. 2.Location: Kolkata, W.B, India— though I’m originally from Varanasi,UP, India
  3. 3.What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide makes me feel like a superhuman who can help any person on this planet seating inside my room and moreever GLG community is more like a family where ideas, suggestions and doubts are resolved in no time. I am a freelance photographer and being a local guide helps me to share my passion.
    4.My favorite cuisine to explore: A non-vegetarian turned from a vegetarian, I have now tons of options to crave for my insatiable appetite. I am a fan of Italian and Chinese food. Pizza is like a staple food for me. I love moderate spicy foods.
    5.Fun Fact about me: Once I walked almost 100 miles in a week and starved for about a week to save for my Ladakh trip.
    6.I love to share:  I love to share almost everything except my food when I am hungry.
Level 7

20180421_Me.jpg

Greetings from northern Spain.

1. Name: Pablo

2. Location: Oviedo, Spain

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I have always been fascinated by the advancement of Google in the world of day-to-day technology.

Participating as a Local Guide allows me to be part of this advancement from within and feel that I help the community with my contributions.

While the information of Google Maps is accurate, from time to time we can contribute with some new data, and we can always send a photograph different from those already has Google. I like the way we take advantage, within a system that feeds and works because there are so many people interested in having information.

4. Other facts about myself: I work as a lawyer specializing in horizontal property, and as an administrator of urban estates. In my work visiting buildings I often make use of Google Maps and Street View, and I also like to travel and to know new sites. I specially like nature photography.

Level 10

Hello @VikasSingh123  

You're most welcome to Local Guides community,  which is called Connect. It's nice to meet you here. Please review my earlier post here and feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community as well.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 6

2017-08-01 17.45.01.jpg
Hello everyone, my name is Cristian Pache and I love being a Local Guide. If anyone needs any info about traveling to Romania, don't hesitate to ask!

What do I Love about Local Guides: You always find people willing to help you. Most of us around here are travelers, and this make it easy to understand each other and be able to anticipate the best way to write reviews and share photos.

Love to share: "A photo is worth 1000 words" that is why I share what I see. In my contributions you will mostly see food images and landscapes or interesting architectures. I also love to be the first to add a place on the map, and sometimes even well known places don't have a Maps listing yet, for example our local GP.

How Did I hear about Local Guides:

I was using Google Maps for a long time, I think I became a contributor automatically.

About Me: Love traveling, meeting people, taking photos and saying "Yes" to adventures! I run a web agency, so my job means working with a lot of Google's products like Adwords, Analytics, Google My Business and of course... Maps.

Level 5

hi there.
this is Zia Uddin from Bangladesh. Few years back I learnt about map. It is very helpful & amazing service. I use it to find places. while using this service I found there are many missing places which I used to travel. So I started adding missing places and editing info of existing places there thinking that it'll be helpful for me and for the people who use it. Thus I became a Local guide.  see u later. bye bye

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2018

Hello World!

Lets start with my Intrduction 
  1. Name: Haroon Rauf
  2. Location: Karachi , Pakistan 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to show the world through my eyes and make their travel experience the best. either they go to the place or simply enjpy on the computer.. Honestly putting on info so people can have more knowledge that earn me Local guide level 8 badge.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share Nature food, city life and means of transportation pics so the traveller will be feel more localeven enter stepping in the city.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  By posting a review on Google i came.to know in 2015 since then i am addict to it and have.nearly 4 Million views to my photos.

Happy Guiding

See you at the LG Connect 2018 🙂

Best regards, Haroon Rauf
Level 8

Hello from India

Hello, 

I am a level 8 local guide from New Delhi &  Bangalore, India. I work as a product manager for an internet tech startup in India.

e61127f5-f4fe-4048-8042-07267c5479e3.jpeg

Name: Himanshi

What do I love about being a Local Guide?

Google Local guide program presents me with an opportunity to help millions of people all over the world. It provides a platform where I can share my experiences with other people in form of photos, reviews, questions, answers and information.

I love that I can help small-scale businesses with an online presence which in turns helps them increase their business with improved discoverability.

Lastly, being a part of an international community which is growing on a massive scale and being able to meet and connect with so many local guides is a joy in itself.

I love to share:

I love to share pictures and reviews of the places I visit. I like to write detailed reviews for the restaurants and diners I visit so that others can make an informed decision by knowing the ambience, food and service before they visit. I also like to build lists to help other people discover the best places in my city.

How did I hear about Local Guides:

My tryst with Local Guides program started with a simple notification. Google innocently asked me if I would like to review a restaurant I visited. I remember feeling, ‘what goes’ and then writing a review. How it expanded into a passion of mine is a long story to be told in person.

Fun Fact About Me:

I love to travel to make new friends and experience new cultures & traditions. And to be honest, Local Guides program has ignited this need to travel and discover new places.

Level 10

Hello  @Paul74

You're most welcome to Local Guides community,  which is called Connect. It's nice to meet another lawyer here. I like the area you're working on, horizontal property. I think I have a lot to learn from you on that practice area.

Please review my earlier post here and feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community as well.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2018

2017-08-01 17.45.01.jpg
Hello everyone, my name is Cristian Pache and I love being a Local Guide. If anyone needs any info about traveling to Romania, don't hesitate to ask!

What do I Love about Local Guides: You always find people willing to help you. Most of us around here are travelers, and this make it easy to understand each other and be able to anticipate the best way to write reviews and share photos.

Love to share: "A photo is worth 1000 words" that is why I share what I see. In my contributions you will mostly see food images and landscapes or interesting architectures. I also love to be the first to add a place on the map, and sometimes even well known places don't have a Maps listing yet, for example our local GP.

How Did I hear about Local Guides:

I was using Google Maps for a long time, I think I became a contributor automatically.

About Me: Love traveling, meeting people, taking photos and saying "Yes" to adventures!

Level 6

I´m new!!

Hello, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Malena
  2. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love sharing my experiences and opinions on different places of my city with local and foreign people and, by this way, help them to better know Buenos Aires, because I love my city and I enjoy discovering all it can offer, such as restaurants, bars, museums, squares, typical buildings and whatever sounds interesting. And I also love getting reviews and first hand info shared by other local guides from my own city and from other cities all over the world and having the opportunity to meet new people from here and abroad.  
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything: opinions, photos, qualifications, information.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got in touch with Local Guides through the Google Maps application and I became a Local Guide around 2015.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Travelling, sightseeing and discovering new places in my own city and country and abroad, and taking a lot of photos. And my photo with most views (128.994) in Google Maps, as a Local Guide, is a photo of a very nice and cute fruit and vegetable store in Palermo neighbourhood, Buenos Aires city.

Now it's your turn.