brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi @paulyjyu

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 7

IMG_-9pjvkv[726].jpg

Name: Francisco Javier

Location: Castilla la Mancha, Spain (homeland of Don Quijote)

What do i love about being a local guide: First and for most this is an amazing tools that is being used all over the world, to find an information about places and how to arrive. It’s a totally free service in which like vice versa through contribution is to be able to help the society. Being a local guide is like a companion besides us that in a moment that we need help by this, problem solve.
I love to share: 
My photos and experience. A photo say a lot about a place and with my photos I try to awaken the interest of the people by visiting it. Experiences are also very important,sharing the good is very easy but the bad things are also necessary because I have had bad times for some reasons. I am trying not to let the same thing happen to the rest of the people. What I like the most is to share about restaurants and their food, because I love to eat and try new things, spicy, tasty, ( just reading this make me hungry). In reality sharing is to help others and that’s what I love the most. 

How did i hear about Local Guides: Iknow that there are people who share their opinions in google maps, but I don’t know that there is a community behind this. One day I received an e-mail from google informing me that I’ve been in a different places to comment. Since that day I did not stop commenting about my experiences, uploading photos or answering questions about places. I am a local guide addicted because I think in this way I can help the society through my comments. 

Fun fact about me: I love to give a point of view in life, that we have to smile and live without stress but not forgetting the professional side. I am a cool teacher on higher education and that what I try to get to my classes everyday. Also I love to tell anecdotes or give funny point to the class. Because if you entertain and just have fun, you learn twice as much. I´m only 29 years and Manchego, where the good food, wine, cheese, and jamón. Maybe because of that, one of my passion is food and being lazy with my little dog, but at the same time I like to play sport, a strange combination. 😃

Level 6

Hello! I'm Sofia, and I discovered this forum by applying to the event in San Francisco... hope to see you there! 

I have been a Local Guide for several years, actually since I moved to Rome, Italy. I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I started promoting Rome between Argentinians with an Instagram profile, trying to show some parts of the city not so known by the tourists – or not even the locals! Friends a people online ask me where to go, and mostly, where to eat 😄 

Hoy, #Roma nevada 😍

A post shared by 🍝🍷Una Argentina En Roma (@unaargentinaenroma) on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:25am PST

In this adventure, I started contributing to Google Maps because Rome can be tricky (mostly with the streets, it's a really antique city where anything was planned...). 

I contribute with photos all the time but I love adding new places and checking the indications of existing places are correct. So people can find precise information. 

I also like to help tourists understand prices and opening times, because I believe this information helps us getting better experiences. Italian opening hours are different from Argentina, and prices sometimes might be not so clear. 

So, this is me, hope to hear more from you 🙂 
Have a nice week! 

Level 6

Nice to meet you Igor!

Continue posting pictures on the home brewing- as that can also contribute to the small brewers' tourism!

Annemarie 🙂

Level 10

Hi @wanderingtim

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @Michaelle

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @Hsinghua

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @Lisahonda

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @aaskaria

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 5

1. Name: Rachid BESSADATE
  2. Location: Oran, ALGERIA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:

i'm a traveller, every week i discover a new places and i need to share good places with other people, specially google maps users.
  4. I love to share: restaurants, gardens, nature, food, hotels...
  5. Fact about me: technology addicted, using my camera every where i go, using location by google maps, love sharing new adresses and Algerian nature and food.