brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Intresting introduction about you YoXi...

Google local guide are very much helpful to society...

Really google map has provided us an excellent platform...Thanks Google and all the best YoXi....

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Connect Moderator

Re: A sweet hello from your fellow Surendra Shrestha

Nice introduction bro @Surendra

Best wishes for Connect live. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hi, Fernando

I am Sanjay from India.

Happy to know that you are food historian and excellent work done by you for Others

Keep it up and all the best

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 9

Hello fellow guides!

I'm not new but wanted to reintroduce myself. 🙂 I just finished my Connect Live video, which will probably give you a better idea about me: https://youtu.be/aO1GCIH3cpw

🙂

1. Name: Suzy
  2. Location: Thailand
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I've been a travel writer and journalist for almost 15 years (before that I was a lawyer), so sharing information is in my nature. I'm a mom and I travel a lot for work and fun. I heavily depend on Google Maps myself, so it's nice to give something back. Helping people in a meaningful way is a wonderful feeling. 
  4. I love to share:  Information about places that are family and kid-friendly.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think I got an email from Google about it, I'm not even sure it's been so long!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have twins! 
Level 5

Dance music addictDance music addict

Hi Guides! (See what I did there? ;p)

1. Name: Levon Nathan
  2. Location: Johannesburg South Africa
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love discovering places with a story, I can't get enough of the curious, the mysterious or the downright quirky!
  4. I love to share:  If I had to narrow it down, I would say probably interesting cigar stores/smoking lounges, coffee shops, heritage sites and out-of the way places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I stumbled across Local Guides a few years ago through Google maps, it seemed right at the time because I have always loved sharing my experiences (Both good and bad) and Local Guides is the perfect platform for that.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love most kinds of music, especially dance music! The photo above is myself, my friend (Whose right arm you can see) and my fiance (Background, whose left arm you can see) at an old-school rave party we threw in January this year, it was huge fun!

Level 7

Hello everyone

I am Vijai Herath from Sri Lanka.level 6 local guide.

Name : Vijai Herath

Location Anuradhapura , Sri Lanka

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to help others by contributing to google maps.Google maps are improved it would make life easier for everyone,writing reviews,adding photos and missing places 

Fun Fact About Me: I like to travel new places all over the world and Photographing and share travel experience and upload photos in Google maps.And doing some charity worksAt Obendrof -GermanyAt Obendrof -GermanyMeet up with Srilankan Local guidesMeet up with Srilankan Local guidesLocal guides volunteer day - Donation of school booksLocal guides volunteer day - Donation of school books360 photo walk360 photo walk

Level 5

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Jaydip Nanalal Makadiya
  2. Location: Surat, Gujarat, India
  3. About Myself: In personal life I am Owner of a Immigration Consultancy in Surat India. My company is actively working with the Visa and Immigration Business. 
  4. Being a Local Guide: I am very happy for being a Local Guide on Google. I am using Google maps since 2011 when i used google maps first time for navigation.

I found it was very smooth and helpful to me then i started using maps every time whenever i am out of my home town. but once upon a time i was misdirected because of wrong marker placed on maps. after that i feel if so many people in the world are using Google maps for assistance whenever they are out of station, Then i realised that i should also contribute and update the latest photos, videos and write my reviews on the maps. so that all who uses Google maps can hazel free explore the world and they can have idea about the place before their visit.it feels me so satisfying to help others and i am pound of myself for being local guide.

5. What I love to do: I love to update the location marker to the perfect gate or a place of main entrance of a particular location. so the maps user can easily navigate
  6. Fact about me: i do like to travel, as i am running a business for that i need to travel much as well as i also travel with my family on holidays 
  7. Looking forward: I want to attend Local guide event to meet new people around the globe and to learn more about how to improve my abilities as a Local Guide  #ConnectWithLocalGuide  World's Largest  Gold RingWorld's Largest Gold RingPalm Jumeiriah DubaiPalm Jumeiriah DubaiDubai MarinaDubai Marina
Level 8

Nikunj.....I am also from Ahmedabad...

Happy to know that you are also from same city and hope you have applied for LGSummit 2018....I haven't applied till now but I am preparing the video and then will apply.....We can arrange google meetupm also....Waiti Wafir positive response.Bye

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 6

Kelingking Beach - Nusa Penida, BaliKelingking Beach - Nusa Penida, BaliNAMASTEY everyone at the Google Local Guide community!!

My name is Piyush Bhan and as you could have guessed by now I am from India. I am a native of Kashmir, did my schooling in Jaipur, completed my graduation from Ahmedabad, worked in Chennai and as of now settled in Pune. That being said, all of you by now would understand why I am so much inclined towards a local guides community. For years I was looking forward to a common platform that could be used by everyone to help in making a decision about a place and when Google local guides community started, I literally jumped with excitement that now there will be a global community serving towards helping travellers and people like me on the move.

My professional commitments require me to travel a lot which means I get to try multiple cuisines as well and I make it a point to share information, add photos, or update details of a location on maps or add reviews to the place so, that can help others make better decisions. It is all about sharing information with the global community and whenever I can, I do. Google as a platform is used by everyone and I am happy that they have come up with this concept through which contributors like all of us can help make a difference.

I am super excited to be contributing to the community, adding photos, reviews, updating locations on maps or helping discover local places on maps. My photos, reviews and posts have reached thousands of people and reached a viewership of 50,000+. That's the benefit of using a global platform like google where you can get details at the click of a button and don't have to dive into multiple apps to get details, in addition to the user clicked photos means genuine information gets uploaded here.

"Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam!!" Thank You Google for connecting us!!

Level 6

Nice to see you @vijaih.All the best