Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

me ocean.jpgHi from Peter,

born in Bulgaria, and started my local guide career 😉 there 

now I life in southern California (San Diego arеa ) and I'm excited about

the new opportunities for exploring and sheering.

I like to share my experiences and help others find what they are looking for.

It is amazing how I can find any information that I need in G.maps. And also  I'm part of that community! That is really grate.

Love to share my experience, my point of view true my photos.

Everything starts like joke. I made a photo of the building that I was working in, shared it on Maps, and for no time there are 1K views.

So I find a great way to be in service to others while I do the things that I love to do! 

Cheers

Level 9

Re: Hello World!

Hi@RosemaryJ

Great picture of you paint balling? 

I agree totally about helping local independent businesses omg with location markers, reviews and photos because we are falling into a world of franchised blandness if we don't. Hurrah the pop ups, street traders and home business bods

You teased us with your fun fact. Are you a travel photographer, tourist guide ?! What !!!! Please share more information. Got the au d' houevre but not the main course. 

Level 9

Re: Hello people!!

Hi@rocdiamor you have a busy life as a hospital doctor and you do volunteer work AND you Google guide. I really admire that. They say ask a busy person if you want something done. You're certainly one of those! . I suspect many of us are and by guiding other busy people we help them make the best choices for their ' down' relax  time. We do that work for them. Keep going. Youre 😉on the right track 

Level 5

1. Name: Paul
  2. Location: Toronto, Canada
  3. Why I Love Local Guides: I always check reviews and photos before trying a new place, particularly restaurants. Now I'm actively participating so I can help others like myself.
  4. I Love to Share: Food! I never used to take pictures of food but now I always share food photos on Google Maps. It's super helpful when I see others' posts when choosing a restaurant.
  5. Fun Fact About Me: My recent trip to Tokyo has inspired me to take Japanese lessons again!

Level 5

2017_12_27_00_06_55_mr1514331178340.jpg

1. Name: Fei
  2. LocationParis, France— though I’m originally from Lanzhou, China.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Most of the time, it's the locals who have the most up-to-date information about a place. It's why I rely on local guides comments when I travel and why I contribute myself as a local guide. And having an extra badge on your Google profile is always cool!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Noodles are my passion. My hometown is known for its most delicious beef noodles in China. I would not say that I am an expert but I have been testing some of the best noodle places around the world and left my notes and photos.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am a consultant in the financial services but I love music and photography. I have been performing on stage (instrument and singing) since middle school and the latest performance was the Voice (of China) as the European regional finalist in London. 
Level 5

Thank you for the advice @Rezgar! 😄

Level 8

Hello 31289591_10156156034562530_3172971845141921792_n.jpg
I am Bechir CHAKROUN 33 Years old, I am from Tunisia and I live in Maastrich south of Netherlands with my wife
I am a photographe, this is my love (after ashy my wife of course 😛 )
i work in medical photography and being a local guide is a little bit diffrent because I feel that I am useful for everyone how uses google maps, and that feeling is the best thing for me, knowing that i am helping people with my sharing photos videos advices answers to their question is a good thing, and then being a local guide strat to be an addiction for me, google is everywhere so I told myself why not being part of this project is very excited for me, when I got my first expert photographer badge it was like wining a loto or better. now whenever I go I took pictures and videos to share it on google maps and guive the chance to anyone to discover these places where was, that's a good thing don't you think.

Level 9

Re: Greetings from Cairo!

Hi@RichardTrus

Sympathetic condolences from White City close to the Grenfell Tower where 72 life's were lost in a fire that could have been avoided. 

Your tragedy is all the more painful because it was deliberate like the ones we experienced near a mosque in Finsbury park, on Westminster bridge and in London bridge. What we do as guides is wonderful in its own way but gathering world awareness of how we must stand together in solidarity against the barbarity of mindless violence in whatever form it manifests itself is far more important. 

Thank you for this open invitation. I don't have the resources to come in person. I will support with compassionate prayer, and meditation in the hope that those in grief will receive the best possible care.

Level 6

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Wesley Campos
  2. Location: Manaus - Amazonas, Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's really nice to have something else to do while sightseeing, and I know that taking pictures of places will help a lot of people, as I get helped sometimes, I love to see pictures of other places, places I have never visited, every time I go out i see things in a different way.
  4. I love to share: Pictures of rainy days.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I visited a famous place here and then I saw I could add pictures of that place and tan nan: I'm a local guide since then.
  6. IMG_9066.JPGFun Fact About Me: I long to visit all beautiful places that I see on tv shows now, though I can't.

Now it's your turn.

Level 6

Hi everyone, here is the intro I have been meaning to post. Nice to (virtually) meet everyone!

1. Name: Tugce
  2. LocationWest New York, NJ, USA— though I’m originally from Istanbul, Turkey (any local guides from Turkey, say hi!:))
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love traveling; I have been a traveler pretty much since high school. I have always loved exploring new places, taking photos, collecting information and then sharing them with other people around me. As a local guide now, I can share my stories and experiences with a lot more people from all parts of the world and get to know their experiences too!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: My favorite food is anything Mediterranean - essentially anything with olive oil, veggies, cheese aaand sea food! I absolutely love seafood and I am always on the look for great sea food restaurants. I am always open to trying new cuisines but I am not a fan of spicy food.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I would say singing and speaking languages. I love singing, I have been singing since middle school and attended singing contests. I continued it at college too and sang with different groups. You can always find me humming. I also love learning new languages - I speak Turkish, Spanish and German on top of English. I usually listen to songs in different languages and try to pick them up. My next languages will be Greek and French. 

Looking forward to know other guides!

Tugce