cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi everyone! 

foto peluqueria2017.jpg

I'm Maribel García from Spain. I live in the south of this country, in Andalusia. I'm journalist and food blogger.  I love to travel. I was living three years in Scotland and some time in Florence, (I love Italy <3). At the moment I'm living in my birth town, Sanlúcar. Is a place near of the sea. Since I was in Uk, like three years ago, I started to contribute to google maps. First, I posted a lots of pictures and then, I start to do reviews, ask questions ecc. 

I think is very important Google Maps in our lifes. When you need to book some hotel, go to a restaurant or maybe information about some city, this app is very interesting. You can see in a few minutes the information you needed. In my case, when I go to a new hotel, restaurant or supermarket, I always try to review about this. And If I have time I take some pictures. Google maps is very useful in general. And if you have a business, is essential to be in google if not, seems that you don't exist. So that's why in my opinion we need to be connected. If I have the opportunity to go to the event Google Live Connect in San Francisco, I'll do the best there. Is an amazing way to meet people from other countries and improve like local guide! 😉

Level 6

Hello world

BeautyPlus_20180225161220_save.jpg

1. Name: Dian Novita
  2. Location: Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
  3. Current Occupation: finance of private company and also teach Economics at one of university.
  4. What I love about being a Local Guide: i like travelling sometimes in my leissure time, i go a long mostly with my fam or sometimes with my friends, and i often use google map to find the new place for me to visit, i dont even know about this google map's program, until one day in Nov 2017,  I was in my holidays with my friends and i took some pictures there, google asking me whether i want to share it, then i try to share it one, and i also give simple review along with that pic and finally i got a message from glg,  it said that i have reached level 2 in google local guide because what i shared has help some people in making the best deal for the trips, i was so surprised and felt happy, since that i start continously post my experience to google, for me it is amazing to be a local guide for google, through this program my simple hobby turn to something meaningful that can make me feeling great because i can help many people in providing a necessary information that that might need for their trip, and i also help my goverment in promoting our country and other awesome of this is.. i can also help people with accesibility problem, that's why i want to keep contribute to glg and i wish to improve the content of what i share thats why i need to share experience with other local guide through the connect and what a great chance if i can be one of the participant in google live connect 2018..i wish google would considere me 😊🙏IMG-20171125-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20171201-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20171125-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20171124-WA0035.jpg

BeautyPlus_20171129123504_save.jpg

My favorite cuisine to explore:  well i dont eat a lot but i love food very much😁 i like to try something new, i like spicy, creamy, cheesy and sweets food, actually any kind of food 😂 and i'd be glad to share my experience about it too cause it might be able to help people in determine what resto is fit for their taste.
  5. I think thats all for now..nice to share with you all people in connect😊 i wish we can share each other here and also learn to improve our contribution so that in the future we can give better contribution through google to help more people 😍😘 thanks google for providing us with such a wonderful and great program😊🙏
Level 6

Hi Edgar, where you got this t-shirt with the sticker local guide?

Level 8

1. Name: SHAIK MOHAMMED NASEER BASHA ,  (Level 8 Local guide RIYADH SAUDI ARABIA. 10 MILLION VIEWS)
  2. Location: RIYADH – KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA — though I’m originally from INDIA.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide I enjoy adding lot and lot of new places and add photos. I am very happy because my added places are approved and my photos are approved. Google Maps trusted me as a top local guide and my photos are viewed by 10 Million Views. I have added 4500+ photos approved my google maps. I have attended meetups and gained lot of knowledge from my mates. I have lot of photos with views more than 100K.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I visit lot of restaurants during my weekends with friends and family I take very close up photos of delicious foods. I love biryani in Hyderabad and Arab food. I write reviews on restaurants and food.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am very cool person. I roam with friends and explore new places and meet new people. I share my knowledge and learn from others. I love teaching others. I have seen lot of tourist places in Middle East and Asia. I have added lot of photos from my tours. I have added new places and suggested fun places to friends.

10MILLIONVIEWS.jpg

Level 5

Hi guys happy to connect with you all. I am Chetan from mumbai India. I am a local guide of level 5 +. 

Level 7

1. Name: Brandolf
  2. Location: Wuppertal, Germany
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Due to business I travel a lot and visit different countries and cities. I am glad to use the opportunity to share my experiences with others, use recommendations and ideas where to have dinner and what to see. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: As local as possible. Looking for new tastes and inspiration.
  5. Fun Fact about me: If I have time left during my trips, I love to go to the supermarkets and see the differences from country to country. 2MVIMG_20171202_211500.jpg

Level 8

Hi Friends,

i would like to introduce myself

Name: Amit Kumar

About Myself: I am a Computer Engineer and a Commercial Pilot with joint experience of arround 21 years. Presently associated with a Airline as a Pilot in Command and as a Consultant for IT, Telecom and Aviation Domain.
Being a Local Guide: In today’s world when everyone is busy is their own dreams doing something for community has become very important. This contribution is going to decide about the shape of our tomorrow. In this busy era whenever we are visiting a new place its a challenge to get the information about that place. Lots of websites are there but mostly the information shared there is by some expert reviewer and the common man is not able to correlate. Google has started a platform which gave chance to common man to write reviews, share photographs, add new places, edit wrong information and respond to real time queries by common people like you and me. This encouraged me to contribute more and more in all possible ways to benefit people all arround the World. Without knowing each other you can help many people across the globe.

What I love to do: I love to write reviews, share pictures of location, add new places, answer people queries and check the facts published on web.

Fact about me: I love to roam at new place, new country, meet new people and enjoy new calture. This makes me more and more connected and dependent on google. Even for going to office i use google maps and live traffic information.

Looking forward: I want meet GOOGLE experts, other local guides from all arround the globe, explorer new possibilities to contribute more and more in a creative and effective manner While traveling all arround the world through this Forum #ConnectWithLocalGuide

Thanks & Regards
Capt. Amit Kumar
Pilot & Consultant (Aviation, IT & Telecom Domain)
Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Hangout/LiveMessenger/Skype ID: chaliya007
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/captamitkr
Twitter: https://twitter.com/chaliya007
Level 6

@Badruddeen, thanks!

She is not in Local Guides. But I'll ask her to take part in Program

Level 6

Thank you @Rezgar🙂

Level 6

@_angel_, i can admit that Thessaloniki is one of the best cities i have ever visited. I think you should try Italian food also (and whynot the Tunisian food as we are all mediterranean countries)