cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello there Aleksei @Sibusky

The best part I like in your passion is 'enjoying life with wife' 

Is she a Local Guide? If not why not introduce her to the Local Guides Program? Just a suggestion. 🙂

Cheers mate.

Level 5

Hi!

I've been a local guide for a while, but didn't know about Local Guides Connect, seems like a great place :).

1. Name: Anthony
  2. Location: France
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The help of Local Guides and Maps gave me the courage to start travelling, to the point where I'm now a travel addict. I'm happy being able to give back and do the same for others.
  4. I love to share:  Whenever I find a new cool place I love to share photos and a review about it, even better if it's relatively unknown on Maps.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2016... I think.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love travelling, biking (those 2 have great synergy, would recommend :), photography, trying foreign foods, and I'm also a big nerd.

Nice to meet you all!

Level 5

Yeah! That was in Universal Studios Orlando, at Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck! Very nice!

Level 8

@Venance wrote:

Waww great post @AlphaSays,

Happy to know you 

Thank you am happy to know you too and thanks for being the first person to offer kind assistant as soon as I joined Local Guide Connect.

It will be an honour to meet you @Venance if we both made it to the event

Level 6

Hi Manish,

Glad to see u, hope to see u in sanfransisci

Level 6

1. Name: Sailesh Choyal
  2. Profession: Data Engineer
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love clicking pictures and sharing my experiences, so that it can help people be much more aware about a place before they even visit it. Seeing the photos I clicked showing up on Google searches for that place is a different feeling altogether, that this small thing you did is going to help thousands of people from all across the world.
  4. Why do I share my Experience on LG: The Local Guide community is a great tool for making traveling and exploring much more enriched, easy and fun. It makes it really easy for tourists or travellers who might not be familiar with a place or its language, yet, thanks to the the Local Guides community, all this information is a Google search away. The amount of difference it makes for those people is immeasurable. 
  5. My favourite cuisine to explore: I am a big time foodie, so almost everything new excites me. The best part is exploring the old and new famous food outlets. Be it Indian, Italian, Continental, I love it all. Big fan of cheese and thick shakes. Don't even get me started on the desserts.
  6. My Favorite cafe/restaurants to explore: I prefer places which are bustling with activity, set in a locality where there are a lot of options for cuisines and desserts after that.
  7. Fun Fact about me: I am a Data Engineer, and it is really exciting to see how Google's suggestions and algorithms work to figure out and suggest the best photos I've clicked to be posted for that place. I was also a top-1000 contributor to Google Mapathon. I love taking photographs, and although I'm not a pro at it, I'd say Google Local Guides helped me grow from being a total amateur a good enough photographer. 
    Another fun fact ? I've never been to San Francisco 😉

Thank You

Level 10

Name: Thanh Lan
Why I love about being a Local Guide: Before April 2017, I was one of Google Map Makers and Regional Leads for Vietnam. I always want to do something useful for people via Google Maps. Being a Local Guide gives me a great chance to keep my passion continuously, to share more information, reviews, photos, rates… about many interesting hidden spots on Google Maps, to bring my beautiful country to people all over the world. In 2016, I am #LGSummit16 attendee coming from Vietnam. All these things make me feel so happy and proud every single day.
Besides, I run 2 communities for Local Guides, one for Vietnam and another for Hanoi. In 2017 and 2018, we hosted some Hanoi Local Guides meet-ups to share our experiences and discuss what we really want to improve Google Map better for Vietnamese. Please join our communities with us on Google Plus (https://bit.ly/2FoWlEH and https://bit.ly/2HZOa6Y) or on Facebook (https://goo.gl/PqxHKF and https://goo.gl/YXvGyR).
Thank you for your attention.

It’s me in 2016, #LGSummit16 attendeeIt’s me in 2016, #LGSummit16 attendee

With Christina Collada & Anna Dickson, USA (#LGSummit16 Team)With Christina Collada & Anna Dickson, USA (#LGSummit16 Team)

With Alisa Chua, Singparore (#LGSummit16 attendee)With Alisa Chua, Singparore (#LGSummit16 attendee)

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi Everybody,

I´m very new in the Local Guides Connects Forum, but active on the Local Guides Google Maps.

• Name: Oliver
  • Location: Osloss which is a very small village in the nothern part of Germany.
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: The Local Guide function gives me the chance to return something for all the adives I received during my travels. I´m sure that systems like the Local Guides will help to increase quality of places like restaurants, hotels... From my point it´s just fair, that if you pay money for something you should have a chance to get an idea about the place before and if it´s worth it. Just keep in mind to be fair.   
  • What will I share: I think I won´t work as a "normal" local guide. Due to my job I travel a lot all around Europe and I share expiriences from my place but I can also share an expirience from Macedonia or Sweden. Which I guess is sometimes also helpful if you find something in Portugal written in your mother tongue instead of portuguese.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I recognized it during traveling when I was searching for a restaurant near by.
  • Fun Fact About Me: Just a few years ago I thought I like to live in a flat with no garden and no animals at all. Now I have a big garden, 3 horses, 2 cats,a dog with three legs and I like to like to give 5* to my wife for putting me on this path. 😉

I wish everybody a perect day, evening, night!

Oliver

Level 6

Google.jpg

1. Name: Raul
  2. LocationPorto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil — though I’m originally from Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: As a photography and traveling lover, I enjoy to share information and pictures of places that I had visited, knowing that they might help other travelers to have a better experience in their trips. In addition, I really enjoy making photospheres. Being a local guide is my hobby, I have a great pleasure on doing so. I believe that the possibility of being able to share information, photos taken around the world and post on Google. It’s a wonderful tool that helps several people. Inclusively, people that can’t hear. Because these people might have difficulty to communicate To ask for information on the streets And they will need these type of information that are posted on Google
  4. How did I hear about Local Guides: In fact, I have not heard of it. I discovered by chance browsing on Google. And I already contributed before with my photospheres that I ended up being local guide for this.
  5. Fun Fact about meI am oral deaf. I was born deaf, but I learned to speak and do lip reading in Portuguese, my language in Brazil. But my disability has never stopped me from interacting with people around the world. I studied in regular schools and graduated as a chemical engineer from one of the most prestigious universities in Brazil. And today I am a cochlear implant user.

Level 8

1. Name: Ivan
  2. Location: Thiruvalla(Kerala) and Bengaluru (Karnataka)
  3. What I love about being a Local GuideI've been sharing for years now but I discovered connect an hour ago,Its been a satisfying journey so far, Introducing new places and helping people make good decisions through my reviews.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I prefer to try any and all local food, literally anything goes, veg or non-veg. I love posting new restaurant reviews and their food.
  5. About me: I'm 27, from a town called Thiruvalla in the state of Kerala, which is in India. Currently I work in Bangalore which is a major city in Karnataka which is another state in India.I love travelling and discovering new places, Loves trying out new food wherever I go.
  6. What I wanna do : is to travel more, meet new people, and eat more 🙂
  7. C'est moiC'est moi
Ivan abraham