Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Nice to be here with you all. Thanks 🙂

Level 5

1. Name: Michael
  2. Location: Hamburg, Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I think it is great that my contribution to Googlemaps helps others finding suitable information for them
  4. I love to share:  Photos and Tips .
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: My Cellphone asked me if I could answer some questions to a restaurant I was visiting 
Level 6

Proud Delhi Local Guide

1. Name : Abhishek

2 . Location :  Delhi India 

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Well, there are ample of reasons for me to be a Proud local Guide. Local Guide is not just a program it helps many billions of people to choose and decide before they plan to visit a place. A traveller in a new country also becomes familiar with the great spots because of the Google Maps and of course by the contribution of Local Guides.

I love helping people be it anyhow, and Local Guide has given me a platform to fulfil my piece of joy by contributing on google maps and helping many people around. 

what can be more delightful, when your help is appreciated and is of some use.

Experience with the Local Guides Program: I came across about Local Guides Program in the month of November  2017 and after reading and understanding about it, I was very eager to join this program and my journey began on 10-11-2017 as a  Local Guide.

This was the program which helped me to full fill my passion to help people and then I began to contribute on google maps with lot of Reviews, a lot of PhotosCovering missing informationAdding places, and Answering Questions.

And the craze of Helping People has to lead me to contribute Daily on google maps. And Answering to queries of people many times a day makes me feel Proud.

Currently, I am Level 5 Local Guide

Apart from being an active local guide in my journey of being Local Guide, I have hosted Many Meets Up. 

Check my: My First Meet Up 

Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself to the Local Guides community:

Redas.jpg

Name: Redas

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love having the possibility to share what I know about certain locations – I believe that such sharing enables other users make better decisions when choosing what location to visit or picking which business to go to for certain services/products. I have been working in leisure business for 8+ years and I understand how important good pictures and details are for travelers.

My favorite cuisine to explore: I must admit I am a fan of fast food… However, I also enjoy trying out local cuisine wherever I travel. Oh, and one more thing - I am crazy about cheesecake!

Fun Fact about me: One good example how traveling changes everyday life - during my trip to Egypt I tried free diving and since then it became my biggest hobby and way of spending free time.

Level 6

the great canyonthe great canyon

1. Name: William Lin
  2. Location: Mostly in Taipei, Taiwan sometime in Hong Kong
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:  One day I've invited my friend to have dinner in a seafood restaurant, the address I share to my friend from Google maps its not correct, So my friends couldn't find the place and I can't find my friend, when we finally found the place, the table is already full, we didn't have a chance to chat a long time that day. Although it's not a good experience, so I decided to correct the address and restaurant photo immediately, make sure no one will going to have the same experience of mine. Also, my left feet toes were cut off when I was 15 years old, so I can't walk in a long distance when I see the place without accessible entry, I will help to mark the place without accessible entry or disabled facilities, Helping people to look for the right information, is how I love being a Local Guide.
  4. I love to share:  love to explore the small things that most people didn't know.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google map send an email about your contribution, that's how I start my journey.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Love to share my knowledge about technology, ride the bicycle with me I will show you around how my city works.
Level 6

boliviasalar1.jpg

1) Name: Jonas
2) Location: Swiss living in Barcelona
3) What do I love about being a Local Guide: Google Maps is great and it is cool to contribute photos for Google Maps.
4) I love to share:  Photos about restaurants, hotels, places. Recommendations.
5) How did I hear about Local Guides: My phone suggesting it.
6) Fun Fact About Me: Travelling a lot 

Level 6

Hi LG

Name:  My name is Dean Pattison and i am 42 years old.

The best place to be for the sun and beaches. 

I live about 5min away from the beach that forms a basin. So when you at the beach you can see the buildings on the other side.

About me:  I am married and have two lovely children. We have two dogs and cats , a parrot and a bunny.

I have lived in this beautiful country all my life . I would not change it for anything. 

About being a LG:  It first started for me when my daughter had exchange students at her school from Italy and France.  They stayed at a different house but i ended up taking them out every weekend with my daughter to show them around.

I loved it so much and wish i could make a job out of it.

Its so amazing to share my experiencesand thoughts to everyone. 

Its amazing and mind blowing to see how many people have viewed your photos.

About South Africa: I think that SA has one of the best beaches in the world. Long stretches of sand and water....

The mountains that surround us is so amazing. I have been on a few of them. I try to do atleast a few hikes in a year. Where we walk along or up the mountains and sleep over and come back the next day.

We offer different cultures and experiences.

We have so many different influences of food. Its filled with flavour and love.

The people love cooking food, its a cultural thing. 

I think LG is one of the best jobs ever.

Level 6

Hi @AgadirVR....lovely pictures. You're welcome. 

Level 4

1. Name: Piyush
  2. LocationMadrid, Spain for next few months. Originally from Mumbai, India
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am helping to people I don't know or never met. I myself have been helped so many times by Local Guide reviews. So, this is my way giving back to everyone who is looking for the information, which will save their time.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Anything vegetarian thing that taste good and must be spicy 🙂
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love watching off-beat cinema and I like to write. I have written few short films and would hope to find someone who will make films based on my concepts 🙂
Level 5

#LetsGuide

Hello, everyone!

1. Name: BinaAli
  2. Location: Karachi, Pakistan
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: If I can help people just by posting a review or pinning a location, I feel it makes me worthwhile. Specially as I hail from Karachi, I can help not only Karachiites but also those visiting to get some information on a place worthy of their visit. Of course when I travel, I like to do the same. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: the typical Pakistani food. It's just divine! If in Pakistan, you must check it out! No food like Desi food!
  5. Fun Fact about me: My kids think I'm a "cool mom"