Level 9

Re: My LG Journey :)

@Rakibits Thanks for reading 🙂

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Velia
  2. Location: Munro, Buenos Aires 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my experience knowing new places, to help others to have great Moments.
  4. I love to share:  I love to take pictures and travel. I do it as much as I can.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides voy a Google sugest.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I use my name to start conversation.
Level 9

ABOUT ME

MeMe

1. Name: Jonas
  2. Location: Kapenguria, North Rift - Part of the large Rift Valley Province Kenya.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Before joining the program, I could marvel how Google collected tons and tons of information, I used to believe it was through some sort of 'Magic' later on to learn that I could be part of this special 'Magic' for free, as a volunteer. The cool part of all of this is that, that simple review, that clear shot I take in my camera goes along to impact lives of millions and millions of people around the world. This is the biggest motivation I always have as I continue being an active Local Guide. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Ugaaaaali! it is my favorite food since middle ages, maybe since the day I was born, what can contest in its place is some well roasted maize and some well cooked 'Githeri' one of the best Kenyan dishes yet to spread across the world, when out of Kenya, I can stand some French fries, some Mexican food, Some Ethiopian cuisine Mmmmmh! they are very spicy! I love it that way.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love fun, I also love taking pictures even in odd places. All in all I capture the best moments as they appear. I am very friendly person 🙂
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 6

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Armando
  2. LocationSantiago, Chile — though I’m originally from Lima, Perú.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide let me help people to know more about each place that I visited. I really enjoy make new friends and connect with them.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love Peruvian cuisine... I think this is one of the best cuisine in the world. You can taste different meals every single day of a month because it has a big number of ingredients. If you visit Peru, you must taste a ceviche or a Papa a la huancaina, you won't regret.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Some people say that I have a deep look, I must tell you that it is really a short-sighted look.
Level 5

11010515_10206190745996766_7478659497548877453_n.jpg

1. Name: Virginia (I go by Gin)
  2. Age: 27
  3. LocationGuadalajara, México.
  4. Work and stuff: I am a full time journalist. Also, I am about to get my masters degree in Transparency and Protection of Personal Data.
  5. What I love about being a Local Guide: I’m known for being a know it all. I really like helping people with my knowledge. I discovered Local Guides y accident and started making collaborations right away. I love aswering user questions and sharing my thoughts, experiences and opinions on the places I visit.
  6. Fun Fact about me: I once interviewed a Nobel Prize Winner, Rajendra Pachauri. Also, I wrote a piece about that one time Donald Trump visited Guadalajara in 93 for a conference... he spoke wonders of Mexico and Nafta. The video is hillarious.
Level 7

Hello Local Guides !

26168393_10156199353862042_9103255508799123370_n.jpg

It’s a pleasure to introduce myself, I’m Yurani and I’m from Colombia (I live in Bogotá but I’m originally from a small town in Valle del Cauca called Tuluá)

I love to be a Local Guide because that allows me, to share my experiences in the restaurants and my opinions allow to managers to read them and improve the service.

I love to help to people, for that reason I’m a teacher. In fact, I’m a French's teacher, and I love my profession because through the language I can generate activities to stimulate the persons in their dreams, the social values and social conscience.

You want to know something funny about me ? I don’t know what to say… I like to laugh of my blunders, and so much!

I’m excited to be part of this community where I can to learn, grow and share.

Best wishes!

Yurani

Level 10

@Yurani Welcome to Local Guides Connect. It is a nice intro. Please use a mwanimeani username. Just nimbenu will not tell anything. You have a nice name and why don't use it Yurani.

Level 8

Hello World,

I am fairly new to Local guides community and have been contributing to it over the past 6 months only. Happy to share that I was able to get my level through soon by contributing with my reviews of places that I have visited in my beautiful Australia and all around the world. 

1. Name: Sundar
  2. LocationParramatta, NSW Australia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I have visited many countries in my life along with my family and the suggestions from local guides have helped me through. Lately, my visit to Hong Kong has been entirely based on suggestions and reviews by local guides in google maps. This helped me contribute myself to being a Local Guide and reviewing the places I have visited. Some of my photos of Disneyland have already crossed 20k views in 4 months. More to come through my contributions in the months to come.
  4. My favourite cuisine to explore: I am vegetarian and that's the restaurant I go to wherever travel takes me. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: There is nothing fun to say about me. Rather I would like to make fun out of things I handle.
Level 7

394790_10151165748040635_824934613_n.jpg

1. Name: Chao-Ting Lee (Andre Lee)
  2. Location: Taiwan.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love the feeling when I got feedback from others, especially, to get marked as "Useful". To use Google Maps and to be a Local Guide can also note the feeling I had at that moment. To help people get the same happy experience or avoid the bad one.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I traveled on my own to Europe a few years ago, to sleep in the train station, to talk with a guy who didn't have a legal document to pass the custom but get caught, to have beers with a crowd in a hostel, the first time to see the trains to get on a cruise. The world is too big to explore, my favorite one is the one I made new friends and we still stay in touch. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am a CTO of a Live Streaming startup in Taiwan. Before this, I worked for an online travel agency giant in Bangkok. I got my National Basketball Referee and National Foreign Tour Guide certificate couple years ago. Love to take different challenges and share my experience on my blog. Till now, every time I visit a new place, I love to visit their local markets, local restaurants, instead of the landmarks.
Level 6

164945.jpg

1. Name: May
  2. Location: Taipei, Taiwan
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: First of all, I love to share my own story and experience to others. Before being a local guide, all I can do is chatting with my friends. And now, it provides a platform for me to be a local guide and share everything to all over the world. Then, the feeling is really great when you know your reviews and pictures had been seen by a lot of people. I finally realized that wow! I helped! I did a great job!  
  4. I love to share: My friends like to ask my suggestions about where to go and what to eat, because I can always give them some ideas according to their needs and I love to share. I love to share the information especially the places and restaurants I highly recommend! I hope everybody would have a wonderful meal/experience as I do. When people find my suggestion is useful, I would have a great sense of satisfaction!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Few years ago, I took a picture of a restaurant’s menu, then Google Map recommended me to upload it to help people know more about what they have in that restaurant. After couple days, I realized that I really help a lot of people not only a small group of my friends but the people from all over the world. It’s amazing!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I don’t eat spicy food! Before I met google map, I went to Thailand as an exchange student in a University. The weather is really hot in Bangkok, so they have many kinds of spicy food to give people a good appetite. One day, I went to a local restaurant with my Thai friends. When the food came, I double checked that if its spicy or not. All my Thai friends and store owner said “No spicy no spicy!”. After a try, OMG! It was super spicy for me! I have never had that kind of taste before. Then, I had a stomach flu for couple days. If I had been a local guide, I would have leave a comment to those who don’t really eat spicy food to be careful.