cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Eg.JPG

1. Name: Erin
  2. Location: I'm based in Metro Manila, Philippines, but currently in Mexico City this April 2018 for a vacation! 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide allows me to share my wonderful experiences, and hopefully inspire others to explore and share theirs as well! 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Peruvian Cuisine! I fell in love with the colors and flavors of Peru just last year! I'd like be able to go back to Peru, just to eat!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love taking photos (film or digital), and I have cameras with me everywhere I go. I also love football (soccer), so I try to catch a football game when I'm in a new place, and when there's a good game on! 
Level 7

1. Name: Ahmed
  2. LocationCairo, Egypt 

I'm a software engineer and a children's book writer

I love Google and All of it's all products , Ideas ( I'm proud to be a part of Google family since my first use of Gmail beta release 2004 which is something i'm very proud off 🙂

and of course I love Google Maps so it only made sense to be a guide.

I love to Help people I answer questions and upload pictures from places I travel 

In 2008 I used my Google earth and Google maps programs on my laptop to travel 3000 kilo meters from Abu Dhabi united Arab emirates to Cairo  my home town by car  and via versa

And since then I realized the importance of sharing our  experience with other people

In my Opinion Local guides isn't just about maps it's about changing the world, by helping other people and sharing our experience and adventures 

I always love to give feed backs and my experience to the places I have visited

So people can have an idea to plan their vacation well

Local guides are just like my familyDSC00806.JPG

DSC00823.JPGCopy of DSC01094.JPGDSC00965.JPGUntitled-1.jpg

pyramidweb2.jpg

Level 7

thank you so much , seem to you 🙂

Level 6

1.NAME: George Oppong Asare

2.LOCATION: GOASO, Ghana 

3. WHAT I LOVE ABOUT BEING A LOCAL GUIDE: i am the Acting Director for my institution, in my Municipality aside my busy schedule I Love to guide people and friends whenever they are in my neighborhood and also try as much as possible to give reviews on how the place looks like.

Being a local guide is just an amazing moment since i have waited a long time to make contribution to the google map which i didn't know but found out not quite long ago. My work so far as a local guide has been both in work and when away from work and i have learnt a lot from the lil time spent.

FUN FACT ABOUT ME: I love taking pictures and got my phone camera always on standby to take a shot. I am a fun loving guy who Love to always be around lovely and interesting people who will crack my ribs while i make theirs crack too. I love to travel on adventure and see places both local and international. I love also to make new friends and have fun with them

Level 6

nice picture 😊 

Level 7

Salam everyone!! I don't have such outstanding introduction to share but I will introduce myself to all of you. 

FB_IMG_1520340777394.jpg

Me and a tree

FB_IMG_1479288720856.jpg

Me and a mountain 

Name: Umer Inam 

What I love about being a Local Guide: It is a victorious thought and very positive feeling that I'm, a little bit, contributing in the betterment of humanity. I think I'm making other's lives easier by my contributions and I love this inner satisfaction for being a local angel to guide strangers. 

My favorite cuisine to explore: `Roll Paratha` outside The Holly Mosque of Mecca was my love food. It is an omelette rolled in Roti (subcontinental bread) with some mayonnaise or catch up. I always need this food with tea to restart myself. 

One Fun Fact about me: I was only a national award winning orator before I started writing at Google Maps. Now I'm a good writer too. I'm always looking to write something for Google maps whenever I visit new places. 

Level 10

@_Umer Why do not you add a photo? We like to see you.

Level 10

@thayal Nice to meet you here... Why do not you join Sri Lanka Local Guides FB group....

Level 7

Dear @AnuradhaP, I forgot to tag my photo, later I edited the introduction and added my two photos. One mendatory and the other as compensation 🙂

Can you see my picture now?

And is it the appropriate thread to post my introduction?? 

Level 10

Hello, I am Joshy Kurian from India.   Originally from the South (Kerala), currently living in the North (Punjab).

I joined Google Local Guides program back in 2016.  Currently, I am a Level 9 guide with Master Photographer and Master Fact Finder badges.

I used to travel a lot and loves taking photos. I started sharing my photos to Google Maps so that the community will get benefitted and others can find best places in town based on our photos and reviews.  I am glad that I could contribute more than 10,000 photos in the last 2 years and hope that it will be beneficial for the people out there.

Looking forward to being part of the Local Guides Connect and learn more from fellow guides and Googlers.