brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Me at a concert in Grand Rapids, MIMe at a concert in Grand Rapids, MI

Hello! My name is Meegan and I am a native Grand Rapidian! After spending some time in other cities close to Grand Rapids, I am back in my hometown and loving it. I am a busy working mom with two beautiful children and a fantastic husband. I have shared some photos and reviewed some businesses and found myself a local guide! If I had more time, I know I'd be a much better guide. 🙂 I love to try new restaurants and shops - especially those right in my neighborhood or in those little forgotten nooks of the world when I'm out exploring. I love antiquing, trying new cuisine, and rocking out to live music. Mexican is probably my go to food, too. I love bean dip, guacamole, nachos, tacos, fajitas, my list could keep going. These are my comfort foods. I'm always craving Greek food because I don't have many options locally. I love Indian cuisine, too. 

Level 7

Hey Meegan, Grand rapids sounds interesting. 

Level 4

Grand Rapids, GR, or the G-Rap (as my friends and I like to call it) has changed so much in the last few years! Beer City, USA, a booming place for new housing, gentrification, live music, summer concerts, ArtPrize (in Sept./Oct.). It's insane, but I love it!

Level 7
Level 7

Hello everyone! 

I would like to introduce myself with a curious photo!  

IMG_9075.JPG

1. Name: Byron 
  2. LocationCosta Rica! Pura vida! from Desamparados.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my experiences with others and that way helping them to make a better and informed decision about to visit a place. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I am a little bit picky about food, especially because I suffer from allergies. So, I prefer simplicity over complexity. With cheese I am happy :).
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am a software developer who loves video games (for sure!), movies, coffee and chess!. And the photo (in Monteverde, Costa Rica), it represents the fact that my wife frequently tells me I am a frog (that could be a synonym for a clever/smart, and helpful person).
Level 5

Heyo, Connect Community! 

1. Name: Yang
  2. Location: NYC, originally from Washington, DC.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: My motto is to 'explore your everyday' - So getting to guide fellow local explorers and welcome new journeyers to the places I've been lucky to dwell in.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: The hole-in-the-wall kind of Chinese, Korean, and Japanese!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've travelled to Amsterdam & Iceland on a solo trip that was planned half on a whim. Been so fortunate to see such diverse corners of the earth from the Tibetan plains to the mountains of Chile, but I'm currently most fascinated with the millions of things to do & eat in NYC.
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself- April 2018

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I invite you to check out the following posts so you can get the most out of your experience here on Connect.

I'll be moving your post to the monthly introduction thread as it is better suited there. Welcome again! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 5

Holle everyones

my name is Hanan Al adib 

i came from Yoyakarta, indonesia.

I became a local guide to help my friends to introduce their business.

stay connect with me

Level 7

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

@Hanan_AlAdib@whyayengee @ByronQ @Anonymous @MarkATremel

@MacJordan @kimba

Since you are new on the Community,

Please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Billy Anderson.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

Hi Everyone:) 

I'm happy to join this local guides big family:) Let me take a few minutes to briefly introduce myself!

U95A5472-258.jpg

1. Name: Jamie
  2. LocationTaipei, Taiwan
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I always like to share things on the internet. Before being a local guide on google, I wrote lots of blog posts to share good restaurants, great food, fun places, life things. So, as you can see, I'm a person full of passion of sharing!! Since I always use google map to find reviews about restaurant or hotel, I decide to also contribute to the google map world. Therefore, I became a local guide and enjoyed sharing all the reviews with others. I always add photos to my review to let people get more understand about the place they're going. The most important thing is that I love to encourage people around me to also become a member of local guild by teaching them how to effectively write review to benefit people! This is the only way to make this google local guide family bigger and bigger!!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I life ALL-KIND-OF food! Since I travel a lot, I sometimes will write review for restaurants outside my country. If I have to choose one cuisine to be my favorite, I'll say maybe Dessert! I love explore coffee shop in my country. Cafe in my country is very distinctive and worthy to try! My country is full of great food so I have endless review to write. haha
  5. Fun Fact about me: I'm 26 year old now. Went to one of the great university in my country and spend the last year for college in University of Scranton, PA. I love traveling and have been to lot of countries including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, the United States, U.K..I now work as an event coordinator at American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei. Besides my full-time job, I'm also a YouTuber and blogger who like to share good things in my life. I've linked my YouTube and Blog on google blogger, so feel free to take a look and leave a comment 🙂 
Level 7

Welcome to the lovely community Jamie.