cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Hellooooooo everyone

USCUSC

Name: Rushay Booysen

What i love about being a local guide: I've always had a interest since i was a kid about the world and its people. One of my goals i set myself when i was in grade 6 was to travel the world and learn, i know learning is a two way engagement. My experiences of traveling and being lost and depending on the kindness of generous people made me want to do the same. I've met several people who became my friends, and i remember the words of a stranger that gave me a ride when i was stuck in Palo Alto at midnight "Don't pay me in money, do the same for someone else that might be stuck one day"

My favourite food: I am a sucker for strong food, curries always pleasures my taste buds but i am open to explore different food

Fun facts about me: I am a big music lover so i collect and love attending live music. I travel to cities to discover new record stores to dig through. I am also a photographer and some of my images have been used in magazines and media from CNN to Huffington Post. I also regularly host artist, academics and introduce them to locals for engagement in academia. 

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

welcome here @peshie

Level 7

Hi everybody,

1. Name: Thanh Hung
  2. Location: Ho Chi Minh city - Vietnam
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am always to take picture wherever I come and up to Google Map. I want to recommend to every shop which I visited, I hope they will get more knowledge from customers. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I can eat every food from anywhere. I want to try all food around the word, That's why I weight 70kg with only high 1m65.
  5. Fun Fact about me: You will find that you can talk with me every thing from around the word, because I will listen clearly from you, and chat with you. 20180323_171501.jpg
Level 8

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Meer Chisthi
  2. Location: Trivandrum, Kerala, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It makes me feel I am doing the right thing by helping others with their queries on Google Maps. 
  4. I love to share:  I share mostly photos of the places I visit. Also, I verify information about places I know of.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think it was from an email from Google. .
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Travel, Reading, Music 
MCM
Level 6

Welcome on board @peshie

Level 7

Divyansh Pagaria in Black.jpg

Hi everyone! Welcome. I think I am late and not sure if this post will be seen or read by anyone or not. I would still like to post it to introduce myself to the Local Guide family.

1. Name: Divyansh Pagaria
  2. Location: Pune, India — though I’m originally from Jaipur, India.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a frequent domestic traveler and in India, if you move to a new place the local people try to defraud you. You would never know the actual business of people. I am thankful to Google for introducing Google maps. I can post read review and know how that actual place is also I can help others be aware if something is fishy by writing reviews about it. It gives me immense happiness when someone is this world is happy because of me. I really love helping people and that's why I love being a Local Guide.

Thanks,
Divyansh Pagaria
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduce myself

This content has been removed.
Level 6

IMG_0053.JPG

1. Name: Enyinnaya
  2. Location: Lagos, Nigeria — though I’m originally from Ututu, Abia State
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: My city is constantly changing. you could leave Lagos for three months and it looks different when you get back. Good to know my contributions are bringing people up to speed plus i love being the go to guy for new spots and where what is going down.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I am a certified foodie. Everyone (Cuisine) is welcome but it has to be cooked.(grilled,fried etc nothing raw)
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have a weird taste in music( all of my friends say this). I could be listening to The lumineers,Brothers Osborne or The Chainsmokers in one minute and Twista,Kendrick,DNCE the next. So i rarely get passed the AUX cord. Lol. I also have two playlist, one for when i am driving alone and the other for when i am with friends.

Level 6

My name is Temi. I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and a level 6 Local Guide.

Guiding is actually having a lot of fun while doing something helpful. I spend a lot of time at work, meeting clients in different places, in cafes, restaurants, and outskirts of the city, traveling to new places I have not known before. It's also an enjoyable journey of discovery for myself as an expatriate in Malaysia. I also love a good treat of java frequently, so you see it's a match made for local guides. So sharing my experiences is fun.

I prefer taking beautiful pictures of new and old architecture, sceneries, open spaces decked with nature but I'm learning and now getting used to taking pictures of food. 

Hey Guides, the wind at your back, and may your walk be an easy one. Cheers. 

Level 6

1. Name: Harsha Prabhakar
  2. LocationMumbai, India.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: It helps you bring out the inner child in you. Being happy for small gestures of kindness when you share a little review or pictures or videos to people and being grateful to be a part of LG Community because we all need help sometimes and being helped by other Guides is really really great.  
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love exploring any food which has a lot of flavours and sometimes a little spicy seems nice as well. Especially the Vegetable Wok, it is one of my favourite. Italian pasta's are just so much full of flavours. Yumm. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I like adventures and I go a little crazy to travel. Someday wish to Travel the world. IMG_1957.JPG