brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Welcome @harshagowda - if you're new here, let me give you some tips on how you can get started.

Explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among Local Guides?

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Chheang VutheaChheang Vuthea

1. Name: CHHEANG Vuthea
  2. Location: Cheongju-si, South Korea - Originally I'm from Cambodia.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide, it's a good chance to share experience and guide new people with new places. Also, new technology is rapidly innovated, Virtual reality is the hot topic for researching. I hope in near future people can visit new place with virtual reality tour by real walking in a given room space. Google provides Google streetview, but the current stage, we need to click on button to go and back. Imagine the sensor can track user position and movement, therefore the researching on how to map between real world and virtual world will be interesting.
  4. I love to explore and share: I joined Google local guide since 2013. At that time, I thought Cambodia is one of tourism places, that is, sharing and adding new place it much important.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Virtual reality web developer 🙂 Just upgrade from normal web developer to VR. hehe 😄
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Local Guides is the best tool to boost small businesses in Cambodia

Hey @Vannkorn,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and caught you post by mistake. I have just released it.

Best of luck to you,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 5

1. Name: Liam
  2. Location: Lincoln, England
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to share my experiences in different places, businesses and events with people, like myself, who use services like Google Maps to discover new places. I can't tell you how many times I've come across a new little restaurant or a place to visit, just by seeing someone's review on Google Maps - I hope I can recreate those experiences for other people.
  4. I love to share:  Reviews on places I've visited, meals I've had at restaurants/cafes and places in and around my area.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I provided a few reviews for some places around my town, then I was notified by my phone I could answer some questions on those places as well - I thought it was a brilliant idea! So I decided to carry on adding to the area's knowledge.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I once tried to draw an image by using my Google Timeline 😉
Level 7

Greetings from Cairo!

Hello everyone! It sounds strange to know that everyone here is my colleague as a local guide although we never met, but it feels good and familiar to know that we all share the same passion of introducing our countries and sharing our experiences to make everyone's life around the world much easier.

In Cairo; We have an old public wisdom that says "Whoever asks; never gets lost" and that's why Egyptian by nature are very helpful and friendly when it comes to helping people lost in the busy city of Cairo, but that's not always work the right way as it seems that everyone is willing to help and hates to say I don't know even if he actually doesn't really know how to guide you!-)

Google maps and local guides have lately come to make revolutionary change in the way people from all around the world can find their way accurately, and in the shortest & easiest way possible in a busy town as Cairo; its really amazing to see more people are relying on google tools to find their way and enhance their experiences even natives themselves!

That's why I feel so pleased and fulfilled every time I add comment or review or answer a question, and its a great source of pride to see how many individuals have viewed or used my contributions to find their way easier in life.

So cheer up mates, and be always proud of your selves! WE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB OUTHERE:)

Level 6

Nice to see someone else from Brisbane! Hope you enjoyed that refreshing rain today 🙂

Level 6

Hello world 

Level 8

• Love LifeLove Life
  • Name: Amit Surana
  • Location: Bengaluru since the last 16 Years, though Born and brought up in Shillong which is the Capital of Meghalaya and is also known as the Scotland of the East and is one of the most piturisque Hill Station in India.
  • Why a Passionate Google Guide: In my life I have been mislead so many times and been made to believe what's not true, as such when I got this Platform where we can really lead People to fulfill their desires and to know the actual reality of a Place thereby saving them the trouble which most of us went through without Google. It gives a sense of satisfaction that I am being able to add Positive Value in the lives of People through this beautiful and most versatile tool I have ever come across i.e. Google Maps. I myself being a passionate traveller and explorer just keep sharing my experiences about a Restaurant or Place of General interest and thereby in trying to help others, I am actually increasing my own knowledge.
  • About me: I love to meet new people and make new friends, in short I love to network with people and identify common interests and take it forward, I am also a Passionate Blood Platelet Donor and have connected with many other Donors.
  • Would love to: Network with other Google Guides, share best experiences and learn to review more effectively.
Level 5

Re: Google Local Guides is the best tool to boost small businesses in Cambodia

@Vannkorn I feel the same way! I love knowing that positive reviews can really help drive new customers to small businesses that really deserve it. It just takes me a minute to post the pictures and leave a review, but the effects can really last. Plus it helps ensure my favorite small businesses stay around for me to continue to enjoy.

Level 6

Name: Michaël
What I love about being a Local Guide: To be able to help other users find similar sorts of gems as Google helped me discover 
My favorite thing to explore: Little restaurants that are not yet reviewed
Fun Fact about me: I am a magician