brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi Everyone 

Though I have been working with Google Guides for some time, I have never really got around to introducing myself here and meeting other guides. So, here is my little introduction.

1. Name: Vicky
  2. Location: Lancaster, Lancashire UK
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have been a blogger for over seven years creating online content to help others, mostly parents and families. Being a Google guide is like an extension to that, my photos, reviews and recommendations get seen by a huge audience and with the opportunities I get as a blogger, to travel and experiance new things, it's a perfect match. I can be one of the first to upload reviews or photos of new places in my area which is very exciting.
  4. I love to share:  I am a big foodie and I do love to share my food photos, with recommendations of where to eat with families, on a budget or if somewhere is accessible too. I have hidden illnesses so it's quite important places do cater for these needs too.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: By complete chance after uploading a few photos to Google maps. But now I am hooked and think it's such a wonderful concept.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: There are so many, it's hard to choose just one, so here are a few!  I have 9 cats, that's three more than Anna Akana, I was blogging before blogging became a thing and in my teens I made my own fake press pass to get into gigs and concerts and get backstage to meet the band.  No one questioned it because an internet magazine was a thing of wonder back in the mid 90s!  I am a big foodie, but I cannot stand bananas or food which is too spicy. I am working on my first novel about failed internet dating and I hope to self publish next year.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings. If you would like to know more about me and my blog, please message me and I will be happy to share the link with you. 

Love, hugs and Google guides 

V x 

Level 5

Re: Say Hello!

welcome mate to the community.

Level 10

Re: Introduce yourself

My name is Mubbashir Hassan. I am from Pakistan. I joined this Local Guide last year 2017. The reason to join this that I want to share my all experiences and moments with friend, family and all other people who want to travel round the world. I thought that my shared information can be helpful in any meaning to any one.I captured all my tours/destinations and try to give detail review and also posted photos of locations. I feel very happy and proud when somebody read my review and saw my photos and they get guide about new travel destinations. Sometime its very difficult to find new locations/destinations  because you do;t know much about that. But with the help of Local Guide/Google Maps now its very easy to read reviews of other about that destination and also you can write your own opinion/review about that. As a local you always write what you have seen with your eyes, there is no Lie, no personal benefit, no advertisement  only & only your personal opinion about that. and when you also post pictures then its more helpful for others. So its wonderful and lovely to stay connect as Local Guide and share your experience. Because  "Sharing is Caring". in the end of May 2018  I am going Milan Italy, so i will share my reviews from there. mean while have a look on my past trip 2017-2018  when I visited China, UAE, Turkey, Egypt and Azerbaijan. 

20171129_100618.jpgHotel where i stayed in Guangshou ChinaHotel where i stayed in Guangshou ChinaCrossing Bridge in Guangzhou, ChinaCrossing Bridge in Guangzhou, ChinaPark on Canal in GuangshouPark on Canal in GuangshouEletronics MarketEletronics MarketSEG Eletronics Market in Shenzhen ChinaSEG Eletronics Market in Shenzhen ChinaSitting in Fast Train from Guangshou to ShenzhenSitting in Fast Train from Guangshou to ShenzhenPark in GuangshouPark in GuangshouFriends in ChinaFriends in Chinam friend in Chinam friend in ChinaDubaiDubaiDragon MartDragon MartVia Land Istanbul TurkeyVia Land Istanbul TurkeyTaqseem Square Istanbul, TurkeyTaqseem Square Istanbul, TurkeyBlue Mosque, Istanbul, TurkeyBlue Mosque, Istanbul, TurkeyBlue Mosque, Istanbul, TurkeyBlue Mosque, Istanbul, TurkeyTopi Kopi Palace, IstnabulTopi Kopi Palace, IstnabulGrand Bazar, Turkey InstanbulGrand Bazar, Turkey InstanbulBosporus River, IstanbulBosporus River, Istanbul20171222_095706.jpgMall of IstanbulMall of Istanbul20171223_230042.jpgGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptGreat Pyramid, Giza, Cairo, EgyptMuseumMuseum20171228_113133.jpgBaku AzerbaijanBaku AzerbaijanBaku AzerbaijanBaku AzerbaijanShooting site, Baku AzerbaijanShooting site, Baku AzerbaijanMy hotel, Baku AzerbaijanMy hotel, Baku AzerbaijanBaku AzerbaijanBaku Azerbaijanwith my friend in Baku Azerbaijanwith my friend in Baku Azerbaijan

Level 5

welcome to the community ,hope to see you around.

Level 5

Re: Hi

@Rezan007 welcome to the community .

Level 5

@Presidente750 welcome to the community.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Rezan007 and @Presidente750,

Welcome to Connect! Your messages are now part of the monthly Introduce Yourself topic. Feel free to share a bit more about yourselves get to know others!

See you around!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

welcome to the community , we are looking forward to see your artistic work.

Level 5

Hi mate welcome to the community,keep on doing good work.

Level 8

Welcome here 🙂