Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello,

Lets start with the basic questions:

1. Name: Joeri (35)
  2. Location: Belgium (Europe)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to read other people's review and use them to descide on where to eat, where to stay, where to go and adding my own opinion, pictures and so on...

Or I try something entirely new and let me surprise and share this info.

4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love to eat <period>, and so i love to explore new cuisines or new ways of cooking.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love to run, to explore new things, and therefore also Google's Local Guides Connect! .

I'll be exploring this forum/site in the next couple of days, so I might add an addendum to this message...

Thanks to you all for everybody's work to contribute to Local Guides, you might never know you've already helped me in the past, or will be helping me in the future!

Regards.

Joeri.

Level 8

Hello @Wardvdh

I did before I posted my cry for help. But all I see are the replies that I posted to help another guide. Not sure what to do now.

Shirley Mf

Level 6

@Joeri_BE82 i already like you for being honest "I love to eat, period" 😂

Keep exploring
Level 6

Hello everyone. Here's a little introduction about myself

1. Name: Wisdom Nyasha Nyaguwa [Yes, Wisdom is my first name 🙂 ]
  2. Location: Cape Town (Originally from Zimbabwe)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love contributing on Maps because there isn't a lot of information about where I am from. I feel the need to help others discover my local area with much ease.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I love exploring places with food and drink. I am a foodie and I think food makes the world go round. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have been to more than 30 countries

With a uniformed officer in Nha Trang, VietnamWith a uniformed officer in Nha Trang, Vietnam

Level 6

Heya!

I joined Guide Connect mid-last year. Am an avid photographer and traveller, went on a Sabbatical some years back and even wrote a book about it 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/Musings-Global-Nomad-The-Sabbatical/dp/1491729708/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396...

I like to contribute to Google Maps with my photos, I find it more useful than TripAdvisor for instance. Hopefully other travellers are encouraged to visit countries like Tanzania or to visit local restaurants, for instance, a pizzaria in Naples run by three generations.

Cheers, Raja

Level 5

Hi,

I'm Dj Macben,I'm from Nairobi Kenya.   I love traveling alot, meeting new people sharing experiences,and so much more. Ive been contibuting to Google for sometime now, I want to contribute more and more so that we build our community. With time will get to know each other. Thanks

Level 6

Hello,

Name: Jayson

Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines from Mariveles, Bataan, Philippines

What I love about being a Local Guide: It mostly stems from the love of representing the community I live in. I like the concept of being able to do a thing that satisfies me and being able to help others at the same time. Since the community I live in isn't that well represented on the map, I try my best to plot every major establishments, keep everything up to date, and answer every question to the best of my ability since I know that somehow, this makes people's lives a little bit easier.

My favorite cuisine to explore: Lots of people here expressed their love for food and I am just like one of those people. I love food just as much as I like sleeping, and that already says a lot. My cravings varies from local to Korean dishes but I mostly enjoy Japanese Ramen. My favourite local dishes are Adobo and Chicken Pochero. 🙂

Fun Fact about me: I added and edited almost every establishment near my home and I ain't stopping yet. LOL.

That's it. 🙂

Level 5

hello! my name Fira.

i'm from Semarang, Indonesia. it's my first time join into local guides connect.

i loved to share everything about my country especially my city where i lived. 

and i love to take picture when i travelling to a place, than share it to google. 

glad to meet you all. 

god bless us 🙂

Level 6

Name: Jairaldine
What I love about being a Local Guide: Travelling is my passion. Whenever I travel to a new location I always check other people's review and recommendations for places to visit and things to do. I started contributing to provide a little insight to the places I've been, with a mindset that perhaps it will make an impact on other people's day.  It's a bonus if my reviews help small businesses that are doing an awesome job. 
My favourite thing to explore: It's thrilling finding hidden gems in a city that makes exploring it just that little bit sweeter. For example, here in Brisbane, there's a photogenic little laneway called Bakery Lane filled with cute boutique stores. Definitely worth a visit - even if it's just to have a peak and take a photo.
Fun Fact about me: I'm in my final years of university. When I graduate I hope to travel frequently and explore the world.  I have a little life goal to live in 10 different cities within 10 years. Experience is worth more than material things, in my opinion!

Image may contain: night and outdoorA photo of Bakery Lane I took one night. How pretty are those lights?

Level 5

Introduce Myself

MoustaphaMoustapha

First Name and Last Name: Moustapha THIOUNE
Presentation: I am a young Senegalese entrepreneur, computer scientist by training. As part of my job, I move around the country. Sometimes, I go to areas I do not know at all, I use google map to get there. So, with this experience, I help others who want to go to areas that I have already visited. In addition, with the local guide, I have the opportunity to do so for a wide audience, for the whole world.

Passion: Travel, Adventure, Discovery, Cinema

Sport: Gym, Swimming, Football