brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hey guys my name is Johnny and I'm from Dallas Texas! I have been enjoying using and contributing to local guides for quite a few years now. While I enjoy taking pictures and reviewing places, I enjoy answering questions more. Making sure people have the ability to find if a place is kid-friendly, has wheel-chair access, has a lunch menu and so on is what is important to me in contributing to this community. No other community is like the one we have here at the Local Guides Connect and I enjoy being here. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Level 6

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Elle and I became a guide by default but still find myself taking it serious and trying to help people make good choices and get good services that they deserve. I'm on the road most times and try to write the reviews though in few words, I still try to give a review. I love and enjoy being a guide.

Level 5

Greetings fellow guides! I've been contributing as a Guide since August 2016, when I was able to take a trip back to my hometown of Kansas City, MO. I love contributing photos of unique places to eat/drink in hopes that other travelers will find great experiences. 

Here I am with the fam, hiking Hunter Mountain in August 2017Here I am with the fam, hiking Hunter Mountain in August 2017

1. Name: Matt
  2. Location: Bordentown, NJ — though I’m originally from KCMO.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love the excitement of finding new things, and then sharing what makes them great with other travelers. When I find something unique, I want to other people to know about it ASAP.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Anything Spanish or Korean. I have a huge love affair with Kimchi, second only to piquillo peppers. These two cuisines can be quite different, but the flavor palates of both are amazing when done right.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I once helped a friend dislodge a rented UHaul off of a gas station guard rail in Brooklyn (who knew pumping gas would be the hardest part of driving a 12-footer around Crown Heights?). 
Level 6

Hi everyone,

I feel so silly that I am just hearing about Local Guides Connect and to think i have been a local guide for a long time now. Yes i just heard about it because i received the very interesting mail from Google about the California Event!!! so without mincing words, allow me to introduce myself.

Cancun WatersCancun Waters

My name is Adedamisi and i live in Abuja, Nigeria, I'm currently in Cotonou because i like to travel, meet new people and make new friends. Yes i also love music, food and the sea.....most especially seafood!!! I love fixing things and being a handy man. I could get quite busy because of work but that doesn't stop me from being me

Cheers all

Adedamisi

APO...You Only Live Once
Level 6

I did not even know this existed. 🤷‍♂️

Its like discovering a whole new world.

Where have i been all this time?

The important thing is that i am here now.

I am happy that you included #5 level, reached it just in time after 2 months. 

So looking forward to this!

Level 5

Hi everyone!

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 5.01.07 PM.png

My name is Cole Webb.

I currently live in my hometown, Fort Walton Beach FL. 

My favorite part of being a Local Guide is knowing that my photos are helping and inspiring other people to go on adventures. Google Maps has helped me navigate through every adventure I've been on and it's my pleasure to contribute. 

This year I'll be exploring the United States in a van. I'm particularly interested in National Parks and other natural landscapes. After exploring North America, I'd like to see South America and then Asia. 

I like to take photos and make videos.

Breckenridge, CO USABreckenridge, CO USA

Fun Fact:  In three weeks my family and I will be living in a van and traveling full time! Not one of those giant Sprinter vans, but a regular old chevy van that I'm currently building into a camper. We'll be leaving Florida and we're headed west!

Currently converting this van into a camper!Currently converting this van into a camper!

Level 8

Hi all!

Good intro, Brittany. You look positively glowing and I like your style. So I'll follow your lead.

1. My name is Tess

2. I'm from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amazing city!

3. What I love about being a Local Guide is that I can reach so many more people! I love my town and sharing the best (secret) tips about it. But also fun facts or just good info on locations. (especially info I couldn't find myself) With LG I can do that so easily and it stays there for a LONG time and so many people can make use of it. So I'm easily helping lot's of people. How cool is that!? And more people get the most out of places they go to.
Also, I'm that annoying person asking you if you need help, when you're in Amsterdam with your map/phone upside down trying to figure out where you are. So this is my extension of that action which I feel wonderful about.

4. My favorite cuisine comes from my favorite country: Japan. I also love watching YouTube videos about Japanese cooking/living, make ASMR videos of making Japanese candy for instance. FUN!

5. Fun fact about me: I'm a filmmaker AND a HypnoBirthing practitioner. So I work with hypnosis and can make you an amazing movie. (other type of hypnosis 😉 ) And I'm an ASMRtist, don't you know ASMR?? check it out! 😄

Level 5

Name: Yusuf Bobiev

What I love about being a Local Guide: I like helping local businesses to become successful. That's why I am always making contributions to get the Luxembourgish businesses more visible online. My contributions are in the form of comments, photos and virtual tours.

Fun Fact about me: I always strive to be successful and I am never afraid of failure. 

Level 5

Warm greetings from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam dear fellow LGs

My name's Thuan from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam (an S-shaped country in South East Asia for those who are not so familiar with my country 🙂 ) What I love about being a Local Guide: Actually, I got introduced to this from the contribution feature of Google Maps when I started uploading images to Google Photos (Unlimited storage. Yay!), and the Google Maps started to suggest me to contribute my photos for the identified locations data. At first, I was attracted by the gamified level system of Local Guide, it make things very interesting for me, encourage me to contribute more and more to level up my badge. Also, the view counters also help to boost a sense of self achievement for the local guide; I hope in the future Google can implement more interesting feature for this program.

28472155_10204418406976730_3464642292529233920_o.jpg

Level 5

I m maverick from.Pakistan I joined Google map coz we are living in such a country where maps are not up to date so I m trying my best to guide ppl