brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi everyone,

I am just discovering this Local Guides Connect existence as I just received the email for the event in San Fransisco.

Quoting one of my favorite song, I'll say that it's 'A Whole New World', and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Now, allow me to introduce myself.

Name: Amandine
Location: Montreal,QC, Canada — but I’m originally from Paris, France
What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a very visual person and I love being able to share pictures of the places I've been to. So that it would give a glimpse to people and might inspire them to go and see it for themselves. I just love the opportunity to share my opinions and suggestions to people all over the world. I like the idea of inspiring people to go to a restaurant or visit a city instead of influence them. And I think that's what being a Local Guide allows me to do. Plus,sharing is caring, right? 🙂
My favorite cuisine to explore: I am a foodie with an African background, who has a love for healthy food and a curiosity towards food from different cultures. So my favorite cuisine would be a mix of all of these influences. I can have some plantains, oven-baked veggies and yakitoris on the same day. I just need some flavors (seasoning, spices) and hot sauce and I am good to go.
Fun Fact about me: I have never seen one single episode of Game of Thrones.

Looking forward to get to know you all!

Amandine

Level 6

1. Name: Luis Morice
  2. Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I like to look at a place before visiting or planing a trip and there are always questions, i like to help people if I already visited the place and like to get assistance when i'm also looking! 
Level 6

1. Name: Ifeanyi Ekperi
  2. Location: Abuja, Nigeria
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: My ability to share my experiences from places I've been to  and where I've gotten the best and worst services from is my motivation to keep helping people locate places where they get the best.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Nothing tastes better than a well prepared NIGERIAN JELLOF RICE AND FRIED CHICKEN. Yummy!
  5. Fun Fact about me: As a Graphic Designer, beautiful places are striking Tommy eyes and there's no better way to get inspiration rather than photos and uploading it in Google map makes it more fun.
Level 8

Milk Station, Barili, CebuMilk Station, Barili, Cebu

1. Name: Francis Ryan          
  2. Location: Cebu City, Philippines – but born and raised in General Santos City, Philippines
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to show to other people the places that I’ve been too and where I’m constantly at. This is also a venue for me to help others by updating them with the latest in the area. Change has been very constant and it’s good that there’s someone who will give us the latest on the area. This also helps me learn more as I try to be of help to others. I’m looking forward to more experiences especially meet-ups with my fellow local guides. Hopefully, the soonest.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I’m not that adventurous when it comes to food as I can be allergic to crustaceans and mollusks but I love to indulge myself into Filipino and American cuisine. I also love pizza, pasta and cooking my favorite meals at home.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love to travel and my first trip abroad was as a solo traveler in Hong Kong. It was a very memorable trip as I get to experience a new place and meet people through couch surfing that gave me the chance to have my accommodation free

Mantayupan Falls, Cebu, PhilippinesMantayupan Falls, Cebu, Philippines

"Every song ends, but is that any reason to not enjoy the music?"
Level 5

1.  Name: Lucinda
  2. Location: Westchester NY born and raised in the Bronx NY
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: As an author and public speaker, I travel a lot and would love to help people when identifying places to go and things to see when they travel to the places I have been. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love to check out fancy teas, lover of hibachi, a sucker for a good spinach dip and love to listen to live music, comedy, and neo-soul.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have 3 kids, whom 2 are teenagers and I call myself the mother of dragons. I love Game of Thrones and feel like my mom status is similar to Daenerys Targaryen.

18485873_1327164150654111_6854184424488516988_n.jpg

Level 5

Hi my name is Simran Seth. I am from Mumbai , India.

I love being a Google guide because it's fun.. It's a really easy way for people to know more about their surroundings and the places that they can visit.. Whats good and what's bad... Best way to help people out. Being a local guide helps me Lee other people know more about Mumbai Things and places you never knew of which is really amazing

My favorite cuisine is Mexican....Italian and Asian 😋

Fun fact about me - I am currently doing  Bsc. Food nutrition and dietetics.... And am also a budding YouTuber.

Apart from that I love to bake and do creative stuff. 

I love dogs. 

Am also learning graphology

Level 4

Hello world!

I'd like to introduce myself in the LC community.

Name: Ángel Ramos

What I love about being Local Guide: Share experiences with people all around the world. Local Guides allows me to know the suggestions of other people and also let me contribute with my own suggestions and recommendations on the experiences I've had. It's a useful tool to travel and to get direct info about places all over the world.

Hobbies and interests: I'm very keen on travel, a much as I can I like to discover new places and cultures. I'm specially interested in historical sites, and cities with a charming backgorund. As a History teacher I always encourage my students to travell and experience the History in the site it took place. As you can imagine, most of my contributions in LG are about significant places with an interesting past history or geographical significance, such as musueums, palaces and castles, natural parks...

So, google LC it's for my a tool to share information and a way to spread knowledge of historical areas.

Level 7

Name: Nurun Nobi Sojib

What I love about being a Local Guide: Friends are always asking me for suggestions on where to bring out-of-towners, the perfect first date spot, where to host an event, the best place to volunteer, and more. Being a Local Guide allows me to share these same suggestions with people like you all around the world!

My favorite places to explore: I love to travel and mark them, give as much information about the places i've arrived and helping others to read and memorize with google map. most of the district at Bangladesh is my favorite place to explore.

Fun Fact about me: I am an IT Engineer (software, hardware & networking). i love to take photos and spreed them to peoples for helping about the places.

shojeeb
Level 6

1. Name: Larry F.
  2. Location: New York City, N.Y., USA — though I’m originally from St. Louis, MO.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Living in NYC, I understand how difficult it is maneuvering the city. When I moved here in 2015, places were do difficult to find but I try to share as much as possible about what I learn. Love traveling and sharing my finds and photos. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love pasta and Mexican, Mexico City has the best street foodd!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I met Kal Penn one holiday (he was just as Bert from Sesame Street) and I currently at the first Nordstrom Men's Shop in NYC

6A3B8C94-BCB3-485A-ABDB-8B023F603224.jpeg

Level 7

1. Name: Bob bob.jpg
  2. Location: Philadelphia PA
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy connecting with new folks
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Cheese Steaks - of course
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am active on Linkedin.com/in/bobgarrett - and manage multiple groups with tens of thousands of members