Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

I'm new

1. Name: Mike
  2. Location: Taipei, Taiwan
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Add comments and share photo to any place I visted.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photo, especially 360. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used to find new place via Google Map. Someday I found there is a Contributor item! So I join it!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to visit new place, especially secret one which is not on Map! IMG_20170404_194958.jpg
Level 8

1. Name: Ladislav
  2. Location: Nymburk, Czech republic. 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places, photos Also add new routes, if will be possible again in future
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: directly from Gus on MapMaker meeting in Prague October 2015
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new local breweries everywhere.
    IMG_0377.jpg
Level 7

1. Name: Plamen
  2. Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping people find the most appropriate and actual information
  4. I love to share: I love to share informative pictures and reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A friend of mine told me about Local Guides program. I didn't hesitate at all and applied for.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to travel and discover new places. I've been training aikido for more than 20 years. I like practicing yoga and I am interested in healthy living.
  7. 2014-05-04 15.57.34.jpg

Level 8

Hello everyone, it's really nice to presenting me, even if it's virtually 🙂

1. Name: Otavio Wong
  2. Location: São Paulo, Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's great to know how many people view the photos and like the comments.
  4. I love to share: Photos and comments in restaurants or any place to eat.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Looking to know more about Google Maps, I just find the Local Guides, I found it curious and decided to join it
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Sometimes I eat the strangest foods I see just to see people's reactions. The most strangest food I ate was spicy pickled chicken leg, no one believed I was eating and enjoying it

IMG-20170323-WA0059.jpg

Level 10

Hello Mohammed,

Welcome! When you write: "Iam a Map Editor and i love my job", do you mean that your are a Local Guide and that you love every part of it?

Cheers

Jean

Level 8

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello everyone, how are you all? I hope well! Below is some information about me ...

1. Name: Bruno de Almeida

2. Location: São Paulo - Brazil

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have seen that my contributions have a high index of views and help several people.

4. I love to share: I like to add and edit places. Every time I left and got the chance I use "check the facts" and I try to add information.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  After posting a picture of a postcard church I received an email saying that my photo had received more than 3,000 views and I looked for information about the tool and became a Local Guide.

6. Fun Fact About Me:I love discovering new places, I love to travel and to register my moments, I am very creative too.

20160403_225746.jpg

Level 8

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

To start, let me introduce myself -

Name:- Vivek Kumar Shukla

What do I love about being a Local Guide:- A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. Amazing!

I love to share:- I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.

How did I hear about Local Guides:- I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.

Fun Fact About Me:- I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot a quoits that sneaked up on me!

@GusM wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I will get us started:

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Why not join, eh!?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly (as a passenger and as a pilot)

14115021_10153781861247681_2193012331144964483_o.jpg

Vivek Kumar Shukla
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/111002734780268656611
Level 9

Re: self introduction

@KAZUYOSHIM, welcome to local guides connect community!

Level 5

1. Name: Wii
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I am sharing my knowledge, which in turn helps both locals and travellers explore places in a more intimate and informed manner.
  4. I love to share: I love to write reviews, add photos, add and edit places, and answer questions. Really, everything about contributing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Original from a colleague and when I realised how useful it was, I was hooked. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I live to travel! According to my Tripit account, I have travelled 777,464 km to 45 countries (105 locations). No, I do not work for an airline.

greece.jpg

Level 7

Well, it seems that today is a good day to send a long-postponed presentation message after some months as Local Guide.

Name: Giulio

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Needless to say, the ability to share and improve information on Google Maps for a common benefit. The Local Guides program upscales and connects the local knowledge anyone can bring about his or her own area with the power of the Google cloud, somehow as we do with our Collect Earth (http://www.openforis.org/tools/collect-earth.html, https://earthengine.google.com/case_studies). Additionally the program nicely bridges my passions for geography, photography and all my travels for work and pleasure in unusual places that allowed me to become Trusted Photographer in a matter of few weeks.

I love to share: Spherical photos (nothing better for an immersive experience), pano photos and regular photos. Mostly outdoor ones. Second ranking: adding new places and verifying the existing ones. For example I like the following image, realized mounting the spherical camera on a monopod sort-of-fixed on the mast of my tiny sailing boat from the 70s and setting regular interval shots: https://goo.gl/maps/AnRngye7FTw

And, yes, that’s one of the too many reasons why I already broke one camera and I am having some hard time in keeping the second one alive.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I was already a heavy user of Google geospatial products such as Earth Engine, Code Editor, Fusion Tables, Google Earth and My Maps being also an Outreach Trainer. So engaging with Local Guides was kind of unavoidable…

Fun Fact About Me: Overall I visited about sixty countries with several repetitions so eight months were enough to gain Level 5 with 1k+ selected photos from more than thirty countries (fine, some were from the archive that I am still uploading). Check the map!

gmsc.jpg
Here below, at Googleplex during a Geo for Good User Summit (removed my afro with Photoshop to show the “gle” sign and the Android robot)

Copia di IMG_2139.jpg

Thanks for reading and see you around!

My contributions: https://goo.gl/9PP7bR