GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is Me

NAME: OSAMA  (Son,Husband,Father & a Pharmacist)

With My Daughter Anood

AMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAG

What I Love About Being A Local Guide :

I Love The Fact That People Naturally love to Share the Advice (For Free)  About where to go for Restaurant, Shopping,  & tourist or Just spend quite  nice time with family. I love Maps & before Google Maps I buy a Map & (search about Yellow Pages in the hotel 🙂 for every country i visit ,but now its much easier

to see all the world from your mobile navigate the city search about Places & see the real feedback from you about your experiences  and you see my feedback , About me this save a lot of Time & Money  that spend in searching the internet or reading about the city i will visit , With Google Local Guides We Can Help Millions of People and of course we can help each others as A Local Guides Community 

how to tie your shoes & how to use Google maps ( Share location , traffic , contributions) will be critical  Life skills for this century and this what i try to teach my Three daughters.

Start Teach My daughter About maps from early age

I LOVE TO SHARE :

When My Father died  i was a teenager my family give me the Shopping Responsibility with a tight budget to buy all the grocery list, so i practice to search about best quality with best price & now after 20 years  i have my own family i still do the same, I LOVE SHOPPING  compare prices ,wait the 70% sale

the free parking not crowded places , & i love to share how i enjoy my time with my kids which resturant , children museum , Gardens , Playing Areas .....

20170420_085225.jpg

Osama (4).jpg

How I Hear About Local Guides :

its a funny story : i visit Netherland for business i stay in a nice Hotel and go vegetarian for two days in the 3rd day i go with friend to a turkish restaurant and it was a very very tasty we try the majority of the menu , when i come back i upload the pics on google maps, @ that time i don't know about Local guides after couple of days i receive  an email from google : (Thanks for adding photos to Google Maps! Your New Photo is a great addition to google maps Millions of people rely on photos like yours when they search for places. Thanks for sharing your photos with the world. You're invited to join Local Guides! )

I accept the invite without any delay and start to make the world better place as much as i can.

Fun Fcats About Me : one of few men on earth who love & enjoy Playing With kids all the day ( there is a child inside me )

Playing.....

Ikea Ice cream

Where to Meet:

See You All Soon in

San francisco , Jordan & Your City 

wish you all the best because you make your best you bring something amazing and valuable to life of thousands of Local Guides and make it easy to help each other Thank you .....What do You want to know More? Just Ask

Have a wonderful life with my family wish you the same...

'

Level 9

@IlyassM nice to have you on connect 

Level 9

@AndresQ nice to have you on connect 

Level 10

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

ANB_0050 (2).jpg

I am Prasun Kumar Basu aged 50 from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. I love to travel and explore the world. Whenever opportunities arise from my workplace, I go out for a tour. I have already explored almost all the states of India and even a few foreign states. I am keen on exploring the uncommon and strange places. Being a member of Trip Advisor, I used to give feedback on different issues like Hotels, Restaurants and Tourist Spots etc. But despite all of it, I had been involved incidentally out of the blue with Google which has taken me to a new profession or service as a Local Guide.

On a chilled late night while returning from a marriage reception with my family, I lost my way at a remote place. There was no help within the vicinity. Only a dark and dreadful atmosphere engulfed the surroundings. I was completely helpless and perplexed. My son was crying. All of a sudden the idea of Google Maps flashed in my mind and I turned it on. To my utter surprise Google came forward to be the rescuer and protector of me and my family. Google guided me throughout the way, rescued me from the peril and brought me and my family back to my home safely. I am highly indebted to Google and will also remain grateful to Google for the help on that perilous night throughout my life. Google’s suggestion to be a local guide appeared on my cell phone and I accepted it as a part of my moral duty. As a matter of fact, from that very night, I started to work as a Local Guide and resolved to be with Google forever taking it as my moral duty and responsibility. I know that I could not repay by means of anything against the true and real time help of that night but I will try to do my best to be with Google to improve the map of every corner of the world within my capability so that no one gets into danger like me in future and last but not the least, Google with it’s amazing tool will always help anyone to be rescued, provide valuable information and will, in turn, change the unknown to be known.

I personally think it is a social duty of all of us to update or make necessary correction for any missing information for the sake of ourselves. We all can change the world unitedly with a common faith, creed and opinion. We, yes only we can bring the whole world and obviously every point of the world into the grip of every individual, if we desire. Not a single point of the world will remain unknown to the nation as a whole. We will have to involve more people into this community who are yet out of the venture. Google is trying a great mission. We should all be with Google on this noble venture.

Through my contribution as a local guide not only Google Map will be upgraded but indirectly the tourism of India will also be uplifted. India is a country with rich cultural and traditional diversity and Indian Tourism offers a miscellany of different cultures, traditions, festivals, and places of interest. Through Google, I think, my efforts will accelerate the economy of my country more or less by means of improving tourism.

I have seen some Local Guides having the sole motto of collecting points by hook or by crook to attend the Local Guides Summit. Some even add fake places, making different pleas to gain more points. None should possess such a self centred attitude whatsoever. I think it to be a deception upon one’s own self. Correct and authentic information will not only help others but my own self as well. We should be proud thinking that any random person in the world can be benefitted in any way by the information I have input to Google map. We all should keep it in mind the quote, “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm... As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

On the other hand, I have seen and witnessed a large number of Local Guides activists who are working keeping it in mind the golden words, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”. All have a common passion, zeal and eagerness to update Google map and present the yet unknown places to be known to others. They have all stretched their helping hands of co operation, wherever possible, in different ways through Local Guides Connect from the alike eternal mind-set. I have really benefitted from their valuable suggestions, solutions and activities. They all have helped me and several others on their own accord. Their support and collaboration bid me fair to succeed.

I am fortunate enough to convey my heartfelt regards and gratitude to Google and the entire Google team who are working behind the scene of this amazing tool and obviously to all my colleagues as Local Guides who share my passion and enthusiasm.

Thanking You,

Regards        

IMAG2045 (100).jpg

Level 8

Hello Yusheng,

and what about the cat?  How do you like a toilet?

Hahahaha, it is lovely. 

We once had a cat, we dressed this cat, he looked nice....
but he climbed the tree and his clothes were stuck in the tree.
So we went after him on a tree save him. So be careful,

you do not have to go for your cat,  Into the toilet...

Level 8

Rif.: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Gianluca
  2. Location: Modena, Italy
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The main motivations are: share and discover! I love to travel so i like to discover new places and then share my experiences! All Google ecosystem is perfect for my travels! Google Trip, Google Maps, Google Documents! It helps me a lot and i want to return with my contribution!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos and 360 with my tetha! 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think i read it on some website talking about news related to google..
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Since i met my girlfriend i have long hair and beard 😄  We live together and we spend all our free time traveling. She is great in planning and i help organizing all stuff and optimize the route!
Level 5

1. Name: Martina
  2. Location: Soliera, Italy
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to be a local guide because I can share places and give new travel inspirations. I can also help many people find useful information about time spots etc. Finally, I can meet new friends with my own passions .
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos and videos of my travels! Pictures of paintings in museums, photos of interiors and ancient places encountered around the world.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through my boyfriend
  6. Fun Fact About Me: am a painter and a photographer and in my free time I like to create itineraries, travel and find new ideas for my photos and paintings already! Thanks to google map this is easier
Level 8

nice to see you here o\at LG

Level 8

@ИванР wrote:

Hello, World!

1. Name: Ivan
  2. Location: Moscow countryside, Russian Federation
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy the opportunity to share photos from different places I visited with all over the world. Especially I like photospheres and usually create it in places, which are not very popular to give people a chance to discover something new using only internet. And I like to create feedbacks on restaurants and bars, cause I know how difficult it could be do discover tasty food in new place.
  4. I love to share: Photos of everything (especially in photosphere format). I like to update data about places in my local to provide actual information for everyday needs (ex. working hours).
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Playing Ingress gave I discovered that on Google maps there are not so many information about my small city. I started from adding portals in Ingress. Afterwards I understood that it could be much more useful if I will add info not only for playing, but for everyday life of thousands of people.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Spending a lot of time on photography I am still not feel myself skilled enough to present myself as photographer20161007_150122.jpg

Hello Ivan @ИванР

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect. Nice to meet ya.

Cheers.

Level 6

Hey @RickyS

Thks for introduce yourself 😊 . Your picture seems so exciting. Which place was that. Can you please upload more pictures of that place😊!