mirov_farhod's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Inspiring Local Parks around my house in Higashi Nippori, Tokyo.

It was one of my hard day which I did overtime at work in the evening because of the customer complaint. On the way to home, in train, I was still thinking about the matter on how to make the customer agreed
with the situation. I got off the train at the station which is near my house and while heading my home, still I could not get the complaint out of my head.

Passing some streets away, I said to myself - "No buddy, you should calm down, buddy" and suddenly I just wanted to relax and stopped at the small park which is on the way to my home. Even it was evening, 2 kids were playing at swings and slides at the playground and their mother was watching after them. Kids were very happy, laughing to each other, one of the kids was a girl as she was laughing every time while running around the swing. Little girl escaped from her mother`s hand and jumped to the green path and saying "catch me if you can, ha ha,", her mother run after her, and the other kid, baby boy was running after them too. The park itself is not so big, called "Nippori Daiichi jidoyuen", in English "Nippori Daiichi Children Park", there are 3 or 4 rides, 2 benches and a sand playground. 

Looking at them, I just forgot all the trouble of that day which was almost a headache. How joy they have had! Then, after about 10 minutes I continued my way to home, simply opened the door, got into the room. There was nothing in my head, the joy in the park easily helped me to relax and forget the stress on that day.
So, I thought to myself, park is the only place where people can relax and enjoy.  

The reason why I am introducing the local park is, it helps people to improve physical, mental, psychological strength. Especially for families who have children that children can enjoy at the playgrounds and parents while watching after them they can feel free not thinking of the weekday working problems. And older people can have a seat on a bench and read newspaper, drinking tea and watching how other people enjoy their free time.  

Nowadays, there is high demand for buying or renting a house which is close to the local park. Of course, in Tokyo, buying a house near park is highly estimated  for being much profitable.

Below, I introduce some local parks with playground which is around my house.

1. Nippori Park (roller park)
SwingSwingSlideSlideEntranceEntrance
This park is opened many years ago, about 60 years ago and one of the old parks of that area where I live. It faces the Kankan Mori dori in Higashinippori area, and there is a big Nursery school near called Yuyakekoyake". The park divided in 5 parts: Roller slide which every kid likes to ride over, Free square which is an open space for running and playing ball, Adventure square where there is a Tarzan rope hanged over, Toddler place where there is a swing and pony ride and sand playground, Symbol square where there is a  sculpture of "The poetry of the Evening". And there is a toilet which is very important to everyone.

2. Higashi (East) Nippori Itchome Park
EntranceEntranceSlideSlideSwing and SlideSwing and Slide
It is very close to Minowa station in Hibiya Line and there is a big supermarket called "Olympic" next to park. After shopping people stop by and have free time. There are Sakura trees around, in spring you can enjoy the Sakura blossoms. There are two types of slides and a sand playground. There is big open space for playing ball, even baseball and kids can run around. And you can find a toilet too.

3. Nippori Minami (South) Park
Yellow SlideYellow SlideOrange SlideOrange SlidePony with stone slidePony with stone slideEntranceEntrance
This park is near Nippori staion, 5 minutes walk from the station. It is very famous with it's sculpture and some events are held in this park like Bon odori (Japanese traditional dance). There is a big circle fountain with a sculpture in the middle, water is available only in summer time that children can play with water and have fun. There is a huge slide with athletic equipment and a sand playground. A big open space is also available for running around.

4. Higashi (East) Nippori Sanchome Children's Park
EntranceEntranceSandboxSandboxSlideSlidePonyPony
There is an athletic playground with an integrated swing with slide, Sand playground is also installed. Even being smaller then the other parks, it is very busy by kids who live around the park. The park is far from the stations but children who live in that area visit everyday.

5. Kaba (Hippo) Park
Name of the park written in JapaneseName of the park written in JapaneseEntranceEntranceKaba (hipopotamus)Kaba (hipopotamus)Slide sideSlide sideStair sideStair side
This park is very small but it has a hippopotamus slide which kids enjoy to come and play. The slide is designed in pink color hippopotamus to mention that the animal is a friend to children and can be played with them. Children can learn the friendly action between human and animal while sliding and playing around.
Farhod Mirov
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Inspiring Local Parks around my house in Higashi Nippori, Tokyo.

Hello, @mirov_farhod 
Thank you for sharing this.
As the park has a lot of roles for the region, introducing a park is a crucial activity.

In the past, I posted this. As a reference, please check it out later.

Introduce a park in your region