KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

Such a lovely write up!

Really good advice, I too often find that I also forgotten to write reviews of places I usually go to. 

Beautiful photos.  Can't wait to read more of your post in future. 

Shirni Ong ❉ Shirni OngInstagramWasabiSaysSingaporeMalaysia
Level 8

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

Even though I am new in local guide and was not aware of Map My World Week, your sharing has affirmed my inspiration to keep on making Google Maps the greatest map too universally. Unless my phone has a problem, I always post one or more pictures a day and review businesses I have a good idea about.

Victor Ochieng' Odongo
Level 7

Worth reading. Congrats
Level 2

Hầu hết đều là những thứ mà mình thấy nó có nhiều fan hâm mộ cuồng nhiệt 

Level 7

Thanks @KarenVChin 🙂 It's really nice to see other people so dedicated. Makes me want to contribute more!

Level 7

@KarenVC wrote:

@PeterGO, I checked my iPhone. I only see "Get suggestions for places to review." 

Android_Contributions.JPG

Reviews_needed.JPG

@KarenVChin above how the options currently look on my Android phone. The second image results from selecting 'Uncover missing info' and then deselecting all  filters except 'Review. Use 'GET MORE PLACES' pan/zoom and more places without reviews are revealed.

I am far from certain but I think your iPhone 'Get suggestions for places to review' option is based on your location history, establishments you have actually visited, the above listing of places to review takes no account of my location history (and thus shows more places).

(in order to show a wide view of all available filters the screen grabs come from the BlueStacks Android emulator running on a Windows 10 desktop)  

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Shirni for your kind words. I am honored that you like my photos. You are the queen of photo taking / Google Drive Storage. I can never be as good as you with the quality and the quantity as you do for Google Maps! = )

Connect Moderator

Thanks @VickyO for your kind words. I like your energy and enthusiasm. Keep posting to Google Maps. Every little bit helps.

Hope you will apply for #LGSummit17 starting April 3rd. = )

Level 10

Yes I am, @KarenVChin, I'm counting down the days and prepping my intro video 🙂

I can just imagine the kind of unforgettable stories and experiences you'll share with gifted individuals who share the same passion!

Level 7

Thanks @KarenVChin this is really encouraging...

I will be applying for the #LGSummit17. I hope it goes well and I get the nod to pack my bags...

Thanks and I hope to see you in October