ATO_Explore's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

Inside the Casablanca's Lighthouse πŸ‘€

The Casablanca's Lighthouse was built by the French architect Albert Laprade (1883-1978) and built from 1916, drawing inspiration from the ancient minarets. He took office in 1920 and this helped the development of the city of Casablanca, because it facilitated access to the port that was previously considered dangerous.

The lighthouse is 51 m high (with a base of 6.60 m) and has a diameter of 39 m at its base. It is equipped with a 2nd order Fresnel lens and the luminaire has 6 panels of 0.70 meters, rotating on mercury. With an intensity equivalent to 2.1 million candelas, the lighthouse has a luminous range of 30 nautical miles (about 55 kilometers). It emits three splinters grouped every 15 seconds.

The lighthouse is open to visitors and is one of the top tourist spots in Casablanca. You have to climb 256 steps to get to the upper platform.

Ps: I took this photo with my smartphone 1 year ago and publish it on Google Maps

Photo in black and white for a classic vision πŸ‘€

The Casablanca's Lighthouse Stairways, Atoexplore.jpg

More on Instagram, Facebook, NikonClub, YourShot & Google Maps
Casablanca, Maroc
23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Inside the Casablanca's Lighthouse πŸ‘€

Awesome shot, @ATO_Explore!

I feel like the perspective makes it seem like I am falling down a rabbit hole! Also, thank you for the helpful information about the lighthouse. I am sure many readers will want to add this to their list of stops while traveling through the area!

#TeamUSA USA | My Contributions | Instagram | @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Hi @JordanSB thanks for your comment and support 😊

Level 7

TraΜ‰ lΖ‘Μ€i: Inside the Casablanca's Lighthouse πŸ‘€

Oh .  . Very gΓ΄d

Level 9

TraΜ‰ lΖ‘Μ€i: Inside the Casablanca's Lighthouse πŸ‘€

Hi @Bulach thank you 😊

Level 9

Wow @ATO_Explore  very professional shot!

Is is original black and white the photo?

Interesting story of the lighthouse.

Thanks!

Level 9

Hi @SebaasC thank you for your comment and support, no the original photo is in color, I make it in black and white for a classic look 😊

Level 8

@ATO_Explore Nice shot. Thank you for sharing this photo with us. What did you do there?

Level 7

Amazing shot @ATO_Explore 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ATO_Explore,

I love these staircases, so simple and yet pretty! Have you seen my post 10 stunning photos of staircases from all over the world. I find them fascinating and always unique from whichever angle taken. 

Did you climb all the steps? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!