jayasimha78's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Inside CNN Tour, Atlanta #StateChallenge Georgia

If you are visiting Atlanta, here is one of the things to visit, if you are a fan of CNN. The tour costs $15, it takes around 50-60 mins. Apart from the tour itself, you will get to ride world's longest free standing escalator. Interesting fact about this escalator, it is 196 feet long and 8 Stories high. This is how you start your tour, that is riding this long escalator and end up in the earth globe shown in the picture above.

You get to see few studios, pictures of several CNN anchors and of course Ted Turner who founded CNN in 1980. Another interesting thing in the tour is, if you volunteer, you get to become a weatherman and experience the green screen magic. You can see few pictures of that in this slideshow.

Atlanta, GA, USA
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Inside CNN Tour, Atlanta #StateChallenge Georgia

@jayasimha78 I have walked through this but have never taken the tour! It is something I need to do!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @jayasimha78; when I visited San Francisco Bay Area, I tried to book a flight with a stopover in Atlanta do visit the CNN HQ. Unfornutelly, my flight was changed, and I couldn't make it, but it looks like an excellent tour. As a Journalist, I'd love to visit CNN. Hopefully, I can make it in the future. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

Level 8

How cool! I haven't been to Atlanta yet but would certainly take this tour if I get around to this cool city.

Google Verified 360 Street View Photography | LGC Travel and Advice |
Connect Moderator

What an amazing experience @jayasimha78!  Being inside of large buildings like that is always such an interesting experience. I wonder who maintains that escalator and how long it has been there. I imagine its installation must have been quite a feat whenever it was, because of the challenge of its size.