AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: India: Add schools and colleges to the Map

Hi @AradhanaB,

Sure, i am working with the same you mentioned. Thank you once again for this great initiative.

Level 9

Hi @AradhanaB

@You wrote:

Hi @Kamalhasnainee, you could also help in publishing places around you faster by verifying information around you which are added to Google Maps by others. You can go to your contributions and verify edits made to Google Maps.

but can you tell me in details how to very any place from 'Edit' from my Contributions?

Thanks

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

In my case, there are schools with no websites and no phone numbers in remote area. So lacking detail information they are not applied in many case. Is there any solution for this @YK1001 ?

Level 9

@AradhanaB Very good post. Thanks for sharing. 

Students will also get to know the different types of places within their school/college.

Level 5

You can receive a mail showing,your new place creation is under review.Someone else may provide some more info.In that case it would be published.Google verifies from other users.

Dr.Sanjeev
Level 8

Thank you. I will do surly 🙂

Photo 14-11-15, 11 04 47 AM.jpg

Level 8

Hi @BishowvijayaP,

I do not have specific solution for your situation.

Having said that, may be you can:

1.  Include more relevant photos when adding the school.  Will you consider to include photo of the cover page of a student handbook showing the School name, a photo of School Uniform show the School Badge, etc?

2.  Did the school being listed by the Education Department's website.  Can that be used?

3.  More approved edits will improve your Trust Level.  Thus will improve the change of your future edits to be Auto-Approved

4.  Ask more LGs to help adding the same missing school.

Level 9
Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

4.  Ask more LGs to help adding the same missing school.

@YK1001 @BishowvijayaP  whilst bearing in mind the what Gus recently said: "you should only add/edit/approve/deny an edit if you have first-hand knowledge of the place or you have personally checked that the information is real"

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Check-the-facts-may-replace-review-request-...

Level 8

Hi @Pea,

Yes, only ask those have personal knowledge to help add the place.

Can you give us guidance what is considered as enough personal knowledge about a place?

Level 9
Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

Can you give us guidance what is considered as enough personal knowledge about a place?

First-hand knowledge is literally that, have you been there. But beyond that you If you have checked something on StreetView (or perhaps Earth/Satellite) that's a good indication Google will accept it as it's their own data. This is all of course based on trust and something like fixing an obvious typo or spam doesn't mean you need to be there.