Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Search of Waterfalls - Nafakhum, AmiaKhum - Bangladesh

We had journey from Dhaka to Bandarban by bus. In Day-1, I started our journey at very early morning. Then we reached Bandoeban to Thanchi by jeep. we arranged a boat after filling some government formalities.The boat crossing over Remakri. The Remakri site of Thanchi upazila in Bandarban district is a Marma settlement originally on the outskirts of the Sangu River.

Fascinating Sangu river viewFascinating Sangu river viewFascinating Sangu river viewFascinating Sangu river viewFascinating Sangu river viewFascinating Sangu river view We had had our lunch on boat (packet meal).In full boat journey, we had been spending our time by watching the fascinating river view. About two hours boat journey than

Nafa-khum Waterfall (Bengali: নাফাখুম)Nafa-khum Waterfall (Bengali: নাফাখুম)

we started to walking. After 1.30 hours we reached to Nafakhum. Nature has created a wonderful waterfall. Rainbow colors play in the stream of water in the sun. In the Marama language, ‘khum’ means waterfall. The nafakhum created by the water flow from the Remakri canal. The flow become narrow about 25-30 feet from the nakhkhum. During the monsoon, the flow of the Remakri canal is not less. It is almost like the Sangu River in Ujjain. In terms of volume of water flow, Nafakhum is the largest waterfall in Bangladesh. The water gushing out from the waterfall was a sight to behold, owing to rainy season volume of water was high so it was risky to go to the base of the fall, but it is more feasible in winter. Worth going to see. Nafakhum is a waterfall in Bangladesh on the Sangu River. It is among the largest waterfalls in the country by volume of water falling. The wild hilly river Sangu suddenly falls down here about 25–30 feet to Nafakhum. Besides, you can see the tribal lifestyle, experience a memorable and crazy boar ride in Remakri canal. Besides, you can see the tribal lifestyle, experience a memorable and crazy boar ride in Remakri canal. Bandorban, the most beautiful hilly region of Bangladesh having so many natural gifts. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the amazing natural beauties. And grab the chance to experience crazy adventurous boat ride in the wild Remakri canal. Enjoy the tribal lifestyle at Thanchi , Adventurous boat ride on Remakri canal, Hiking to Nafakhum waterfall , Visiting Tindu, Boropathor, Poddomukh, Poddojhiri

Then we started walking for Jina Para. Lying in the clouds hugging dinner. Next morning, we had taken breakfast here.

Jina Para, Thanchi - VillageJina Para, Thanchi - VillageJina Para, Thanchi - VillageJina Para, Thanchi - Village

Then had set out a journey for Amiakhum. We reached by three hours on foot. The waterfall is basically a huge cascade that falls into a different level of the river. It is really worth it staying there overnight if you have a moon up ahead of you. It was a magical experience we had. The trail is neither the toughest nor beginner in difficulty wise. There is a rough all-day plan. In the inaccessible area so I can take lunch with whatever is available.

On the way of Amiakum Water FallOn the way of Amiakum Water FallAmiakum Water FallAmiakum Water Fall Amiakhum is one of the beautiful waterfalls in Bangladesh. It is an adventurous place to travel and every traveler should have a tour plan to visit this beautiful tourism spot of Bandarban at least once. This waterfall, situated at a remote area called Tindu of Thanchi upazilla under Bandarban Hill District in Bangladesh is near to the Bangladesh-Myanmar border. Amiakhum is locally known as Hamiakhum. Satbhaikhum is also close to the Amiakhum. You need to cross a small canal to arrive at Satbhaikhum. You will need a Basher Bhela(bamboo boat). Sometimes you can’t find bhela, so you can either make a new one or swim across the canal. I crossed the icy cold canal that day, and on the other side, saw amazing view of Satbhaikhum. Also, on top of Amiakhum, there is a small lake which sources all the water. We rode around it with a bhela.

We are very tired and stay in Jinapara.  At early morning we start our journey by foot to Thanchi Bazar. Onthe way of Thanchi Bazar we saw some spellbound,magical, amazing natural sceneries which seemed not from this earth .take a look some of those :

026.jpg                                                      019.jpg

At Thanchi we eat food, take some rest and then we foot for Bandarban. At Bandarban we dinner and return to Dhaka by night bus.

Some additional Advices and Information for the Tourists and Travelers

You may carry Dry food, Mineral water, Extra cloth, Cap, Sunglass, Trekking shoe, Rubber Sandal, Torch light, Anti mosquito oil etc. Please do NOT take picture or snaps of any aborigines girl or boy without their prior consent and do NOT perform any task which may cause harm to the natural beauty of the tour and travel spots or the aborigines’ living.

Bandarban, Bangladesh
16 comments
Level 8

Re: In Search of Waterfalls - Nafakhum, AmiaKhum - Bangladesh

A breathtaking beauty, @Anonymous, you are blessed to see all that. Thanks for an inspiring virtual journey. 

And the final advice about doing no harm or intrusion is really valuable.

Level 8

It's a piece of heaven for me. Thanks @Anonymous for sharing this. 

Md Saiyen Azad (Chattogram, Bangladesh)
Guiding Stars 2022

You can check out my recent post about Sandakphu-Phalut Trekking

Instagram
Level 10

Hello @Anonymous Very nice place and photography's. Thanks for sharing.

[Stay Home, Keep Clean, Stay Healthy and Always Be Happy With Your Friends and Family]

Best Regards

Omar 🇧🇩

Bangladesh 

Click Here & Read My Previous Post.

Following My Google Maps Profile.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

Love nature @Anonymous 

The place you shared with us perfect ,, silence and peaceful , I love it

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous Your story and photos are looking like alive. Nice write upa and photography brother.

Keep sharing!

Happy Guiding!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShafiulB thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YuliiaZa thank you so much 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for showing us the beauty of Sangu river view and the amazing Amiakum waterfall. You're a great story teller and your tips are appreciated.

As I can see that you like taking photos, perhaps you'll find useful these Tips and tricks to manage the photos on Connect.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatyaL

Really thank you. Your comment is such a motivation and inspiration for me.