westcoastcarlos's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I uploaded about 100 images to google maps, kept getting "server error try again later"

SEQUENCE OF PROMPTS : 

GOOGLE MAPS >> YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS >> ADD YOUR PHOTOS TO MAPS >> (SELECTED IMAGES) >> SEND

Using the above method; I  uploaded about 150 images from my google photos to google maps for each respective location I reviewed over the past few months.

After I hit the button "send" (paper airplane icon) I got this error:  "server error try again later" ...  so I did, I tried three times. Assumed something is wrong with the bulk upload tool, or the server.   10 mins later I go back to my profile and it's posted all the images to each location 3 times.  I dont want my account to be flagged as spam, or google to think i'm trying to "double dip on points".  What can I do  to alert google of this error? 

8 comments
Level 9

Re: I uploaded about 100 images to google maps, kept getting "server error try again later&quo

Hey @westcoastcarlos,

Thank you for posting in community.

Hello @PaulPavlinovich I think "feedback and features " board will be the correct place for the same. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Re: I uploaded about 100 images to google maps, kept getting "server error try again later&quo

Hi @westcoastcarlos adding 150 photos to one place likely is spammy behavior unless that place is enormous, e.g. Disneyland. 

Generally speaking adding two to three images to a place is what is expected.

If you add only a few images what happens?

@deepakjhic I'll leave it here for now as the OP is asking a question.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Re: I uploaded about 100 images to google maps, kept getting "server error try again later&amp

Hello Paul, I should have been more specific. The pictures i uploaded 100+ are for about 80 different locations...

some quite large like Yosemite national park. Obviously smaller average restaurants have one or two pictures. 

Going back to my original

question, if I have 20 pics at Yosemite but they uploaded three times without my knowing it's 60 pictures now (40 repeated ). 

I try to care for my account as I've worked hard to achieve google reviewer status. 

Hope le that makes the request a bit

more clear. 

Connect Moderator

Re: I uploaded about 100 images to google maps, kept getting "server error try again later&amp

Hi @westcoastcarlos yes that is much clearer, thank you. You can go to the places and remove any images of your own that are extra to what you wanted to upload. 

If something like this happens occasionally then its unlikely affect anything. Upload errors have happened to all of us from time to time. I once had a phone go a bit mental and put over 100 of the same image on a place. I just removed all of the extra ones.

Regards Paul

Level 5

I have exactly the same problem! Has anyone found a solution to this?? I tried deleting the duplicates one by one but there are literally hundreds and it's going to take me forever! Thanks!

Level 7

The same happened to me too, removing 200+ duplicate images by hand is a pain in the ass that i'd rather not do.

Level 5

Yea same, I have the same problem, but I clicked it 4 times, with 200 pictures... 

Level 10

@westcoastcarlos Many a times it happen and rectify thereafter

@westcoastcarlos wrote:

SEQUENCE OF PROMPTS : 

GOOGLE MAPS >> YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS >> ADD YOUR PHOTOS TO MAPS >> (SELECTED IMAGES) >> SEND

Using the above method; I  uploaded about 150 images from my google photos to google maps for each respective location I reviewed over the past few months.

After I hit the button "send" (paper airplane icon) I got this error:  "server error try again later" ...  so I did, I tried three times. Assumed something is wrong with the bulk upload tool, or the server.   10 mins later I go back to my profile and it's posted all the images to each location 3 times.  I dont want my account to be flagged as spam, or google to think i'm trying to "double dip on points".  What can I do  to alert google of this error? 

sometime.

Best wishes.