Mwiraria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

I'm a Writer and traveler ,why I love connect

My Identity

I’m a  traveler,friend of humanity,trees and beasts.I laugh,grin,smile, croak weep and write.I’m the sound of my soul ,the voice rippling across cosmos of  my mind,I pour out the overflow of my soul on paper.Sometimes,and those times are many the  words I thread are the voices of the souls living at the outskirts of humanity.I’m affectionate ,electric, sweet and I share in the brotherhood of sadness.Other  times I munch tangerines of sadness Nairobi,KenyaNairobi,Kenyaalone ,but most times life is sweet  with  a hint of vanilla,magnolia,honeysuckle and mint –but sadness and sweetness is not me.These are transient, those are not me and I’m not them.

I'm a male kind. A mate and companion of people yet they are not me and I’m not them.I’m a forest of influences, an associate of people but I’m not them. I dress in a certain fashion but my identity is not my dress. I’m a created ,a work of art .An organism born of parents who are not me and I’m not them .I'm a member of human race,My identity is defined by the commitments.Caged birds of Malindi,KenyaCaged birds of Malindi,Kenya

The results of my work is me but not always for me.My thoughts .My choices. My dreams. My values are me-compassion, trust ,loyalty,courage,valiance, hard work and creativity are integral part of me.I'm constantly changing but my values remain.I’m approaching the  middle  cycle of aging still a stranger to the  world,I travel to learn from then school of life and heed to the great epiphany. Strongly convinced that I'm not a toad in pond ,and that a human being is an independent entity I picked up my back pack,a camera and Hrunting -my pen and  started a  journey of discovery.I  travel to  legitimize this liberty ,explore terrains and the deepest reaches of  my  mind  and soul.That is my identity.

Hell's Kitchen,Marafa-KenyaHell's Kitchen,Marafa-Kenya

My bucketlist and the reason I travel

I have never wanted to be a toad in a pond.I want to wander around the planet before age beats me down, before my joints creak and fail to move freely; before my mind blurs and vision becomes foggy. Old age is humanity's frenemy.

I want to meditate with monks of Tibeti.Stroll in the streets of Havana with my headsets plugged, fluid music pouring out, synchronizing with my legs and pulsating in my ribcage.

I wish to walk through the tunnel of love in Ukraine hearing only my breathing,heartbeat and footsteps.I want to pose for a photo in the Tulip fields,Netherlands.Meadowlands as these inspire self-discovery and imagination.I want to see my reflection on Salar de Uyumi in Bolivia.I have long entertained the idea of parallel worlds.

I wish to muse on Hitachi seaside Park Japan.Update journals on Red beach,Panjin China.Hear sounds of nature in Bamboo forest Japan and marvel at leafy patterns of the shadows across the path.

I want to stand tall on Tianzimountains,China.Sniff sweet scents of Shibazakura flower in Takinoue Japan.Scents are stronger,more persuasive and more eloquent than whispered and written words.

I want to scoop pristine water from river Jordan where Yohana baptised Jesus Christ.I want to visit Bethlehem and thesea of Galilee.I want to drink wine in Harry's, New York.Wine in rose colour glass,a book and  slow soft music from unknown musician.Wine,books and music is the holy trinity of human civilization.

I want to get a neck massage from an Italian supermodel on a chartered flight to Venice and groan in sweet relief.I want to be spell bound by Fairy Pools,Isle of Skye.Looking at beauty is a therapy that purifies the mind and nourishes the spirit.I want to meet the hunters of Jade lake.Roast goat bollocks in Maua,Meru.Inside Giriama hut,KenyaInside Giriama hut,KenyaI have no fixed plans and it doesn't matter the destination,I just want to go away. I'm going out there with a backpack,a camera,pen and a  basket-wide  smile.I will fuse in with cultures,love folklores of the people and leave a smile  imprinted in the hearts of the people I encounter.It is my endless dream; my heart's burning desire.

Kisii,KenyaKisii,Kenya

Travel is spiritual,healthy,erotic,inventive and unparalleled learning experience in the school of life.Only wayfarers chart ways for others to follow.

I'm creating my own reality.I want untraveled roads and new beginnings every day.I'm deeply convinced that a man was created independent and only by travelling does he legitimize this liberty ,explores terrains,and the deep reaches of his mind and soul.Didn't someone also say that Angels whisper to a man when he travels?

If they ask me who I am,I will tell them I'm Son of  Ngaa  from the verdant,rolling hills of  Ngaa .From the land of Ngaa beneath the great misty mountain that gleams and slumber.

Other interests

While I wander, I love wind gazing,moon-bathing, environmental conservation ,nomadic writing sprees, offering writing mentorship,books, Safari  tea-sometimes wine for stomach sake,toothy laughter ,healthy discourses about our planet and other worlds. I love learning basics of world languages.Maron,Elgeyo Marakwet,KenyaMaron,Elgeyo Marakwet,KenyaAlbino Zebra of Nairobi National ParkAlbino Zebra of Nairobi National Park

IMG20180420121521.png

My duty and Associations

I'm story teller of human interest tales,a travel writer,journalist and social rights enthusiast. Author of a travel non-fiction 'Enchanted Kenya' and collection of short stories entitled ,the 'Land of bones’.Local Guide at Google Places,Writer with Daily Nation, Kenya Tourism Board-WILK-Why I Love Kenya Magazine,Bibsbebe Magazine and Kasoma Africa .Creative writing Trainer/Consultant.Member of International Journalists Network (IJNet) ,Young African Leaders Leaders Initiative (YALI) and Writers Guild of Kenya (WGK). 

Kaspsowar,KenyaKaspsowar,Kenya

This is why I love connect

The community is key to understanding this amazing world of diverse geographical phenomenon and cultures.There is mutual love for travel, places and people. The discourses in this platform are unprecedented source of information. The platform is indispensable ever spouting fountain of   knowledge .A question is comprehensively and cordially answered .In a addition this is a community of positive influences. So many travel fantasies I have found here that I feel the need to pursue to the end. I’m heartily thankful for meeting new friends, some whom my travel fantasies are there home and backyard.

Kapsowar ,KenyaKapsowar ,Kenya

Nairobi, Kenya
18 comments
Level 10

Re: I'm a Writer and traveler ,why I love connect

hi @Mwiraria,

Very nice writings and your photos are excellent. 

I wish you all success

John Peter 

Level 10

Finally I got what I love @Mwiraria. 😉 I also love writing. Playing with the words gives a kind of different pleasure. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Mwiraria,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our spam filters work 24/7 and they can be pretty harsh at times. I have just released your post. 

Thanks for sharing these great photos, I have never seen an albino zebra before.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

@JohnPeterGood Afternoon from Nairobi,it's placid here and the city is dressed in beauty.Thank you for gracious words.

Tom.

Level 6

@GeorgesHR I'm very glad.Thank you for helping me restore the post.Yes this beast grazes in the park but sadly as you can see it is skinny or maye worm infested.Famine ravages the park.Thank you.

Tom

Level 2

Your use of words Tom is most meticulous and remains unrivaled.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Mwiraria,

Welcome to Connect. Thanks for baring your soul and really expressing yourself. I truly loved your introduction and pictures. 

Excited to see what you'll contribute next!

Level 9

Wow @Mwiraria Awesome!

Level 10

Great Post @Mwiraria

Good luck for connect live!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+