AZ_2021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I Posted a Video a Day for a Year- Arizona Local Guide

Does anyone else feel that time just flies faster and faster? 

I can't believe it's been a year since I started officially posting a video a day on Youtube. That date was Sep 8th, 2021--- and today we are at Sep 9th, 2022!

To recap, I started out with just a 90 day challenge of a video a day, and this was extended to a year-long challenge - which you can read more about here. Quoting myself: "My goal of this was to promote awareness of Google Maps/ Local Guides through a fun challenge of consistent uploads... where I would upload a video a day of a different place in Arizona- parks, malls, museums, etc." 

And now here we are a a year later-- and I celebrated this with the video below 🤗

My work helped expand my visual library of places in Arizona. Specifically, I built out the visual video walkthroughs of Maricopa Regional Park trails for each of the parks, and additionally started filming videos of drives in different local cities and highways. While doing this, I took  pictures and wrote reviews as well as contributed relevant edits for Google Maps. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 8.35.55 PM.png

My consistency paid off. Firstly, I would have never thought I would ever reach the goal of a video a day for a year. It seemed daunting, but this project I undertook gave me the inspiration to keep exploring even on days when I felt low. I hope that others who see this also will get that inspiration to explore.  💕 

When I wrote my update in March 2022, I was at 25,000 impressions of my videos since my channel first started. This converted into 2,800 views and 40 hours of watch time.

Today, September 9th 2022, I'm at nearly 74,000 impressions which has converted into 3,700 views and 57.65 hours of watch time. 

These numbers show continued progress toward my goal of building awareness of Google Maps and Local Guides. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 8.26.29 PM.png

I want to finish the year off strong and continue to post a video a day up until end of this year on Youtube as I continue to explore locally. I would love to keep growing this video library while also continuing to contribute to for Google Maps through photos, reviews, and edits.   

11 comments
Level 10

Re: I Posted a Video a Day for a Year- Arizona Local Guide

Hello dear friend, @AZ_2021

Can't believe my eyes... 

I still remember your starting challenge post very much...

& I wondered how it is possible!

Now you have completed a marathon mission...

Simply superb...

CONGRATULATIONS

It's surely a RECORD!

Appreciate your efforts and dedication... Excellent.

Best wishes for more achievements.

👍❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Holy smokes, @AZ_2021, that's an EPIC accomplishment in meeting your original goal and going a full year of exploring and finding new content. Congrats! 🎉

I'm personally stoked at the amount of attention you're bringing to Arizona. It's so beautiful here, and you're showing everyone. Thank you for promoting AZ!

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thank you so much @TravellerG I love how you cheer everyone on. You are just too kind. Your messages always brighten my day. 🙂

Level 10

Thank you @JustJake You are too kind. I appreciate your encouragement and cheering me on. 💕 I was feeling a little low after wisdom tooth removal but your comment made my day! 

Level 10

You are welcome, my dear @AZ_2021

Sincerely, your good work deserves a great applause...

Once again congrats!

👍🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Good Evening ,

Travellers G sir,

Wow Fantastic

Michael Micky

Melkias Fernando
Level 6

That's amazing, I have thought of doing this myself so many times. It's always been a dream of mine since watching Casey Neistat vlog everyday as a challenge. 

I just haven't had the support or work flow to do it. Excuses I know but I'm proud of my Tiktok success. YouTube is my next mountain to climb.

Level 8

That's really awesome @AZ_2021 Congrats on your achievement. 

I never really thought much about doing videos until I read recently that "the future is video". So if old geezers like myself get stuck on taking photos, and the world expects to see videos on Maps, we'll become irrelevant. 

It won't be one a day, but I'm trying to follow in your footsteps in my little measure.  

Level 10