HareesS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to become a moderator?

Hi..

How to become a moderator in local guides connect?

I have marked several places in my area several times and those were not accepted. why this happened? who is authorizing the requests of "Add a missing place"?

Thanks

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: How to become a moderator?

Hi @HareesS@deepakjhic is correct and you can find more information about being a Connect Moderator in this post.

Regarding edits, please see this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hey @HareesS,

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Nobody is authorising request for new places but there is a long queue for every kind of edits. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Googler
Solution

Hi @HareesS@deepakjhic is correct and you can find more information about being a Connect Moderator in this post.

Regarding edits, please see this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Thanks for the gist Deepak, you are right.