cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to Redeem Google One Offer

Hi dear all,

The offer I receved - Thanks GoogleThe offer I receved - Thanks Google

Thanks Google for your great decision to offer 'Google One', for free trial, to the dedicated, Google Map Local Guides. And congratulations, to all who got it, and to others who may be getting it, shortly.

@Saravanakanth @JohnPeter @NandKK @Lambertwinston

This is quick post to answer many questions, in many forums...

1. What is Google One?

Simple:

It is a single Storage solution for

1. Google Drive (any type of documents like Xl, Word, PDF, etc.)
  2. Gmail &
  3. Google Photos.

Means: Google One allows you to share the storage across all these.

Paid Version:

To best of my knowledge, Google One has storage offers, starting from 100 GB (at $ 1.99/ month to 30 Tb)

2. What is Free Trial & How to redeem it?

The Free Trial offer has been sent via your Gmail (Pl keep your Google Perks Option = ON) to all eligible members (or you may be getting it, shortly). With this offer, one can use the Google One facility & services in Full.

Looks, the offers are:

1. 100 GB for six months
  2. 2 TB for 1 year, sharable with 5 family members.

3. How to Redeem, the offer?

When you open your Offer mail, there is a Redeem Button; Click that to proceed. If you do not have a payment method, which is already registered with Google, then you need to give the details of your Card -

NOTE: No payment will be deducted, till the Offer period is over - not to worry - for sure. (I have done it & no payment is deducted)

The offer may contain more free bees for few: Example

1. The 2 TB offer (12 Months) says, you can share the storage with 5 family members
  2. Additional INR 300/= (India)
  3. Free technical assistance from Google Experts, etc.
  4. Hotel booking discounts, etc..
  5. Many more..

I suggest all those who got the Offer, to Redeem it, use & experience the great speed (& reliability) of Google Servers. (Details will follow, shortly)

Best of luck, to all.

As suggested by our @StephenAbraham (can we expect more details, dear Steve?), if you have problem in getting your offer Redeemed, kindly use THIS LINK to report the same. 

Note: In case you do not want to make payment, keep a Reminder / alarm, before the expiry date & cancel the account.

Hope this will be a solution for many questions (If you feel the post solves your doubt, consider to "Accept as a Solution" (by opening the '...' - the 3 dot menu (down) in your answer to this post).

Dear @DeniGu @PoliMC @ErmesT @FelipePK, could you please guide us better, please?

Also, I read that this offer is not valid to the current, Paid Users - to me, it looks hurting, to those dedicated & deserving Local guides like @LucioV, to whom this offer had been denied - Sincerely request the authorities to reconsider this aspect.

Thanks, to all.

PS: our previous post on How to create Google Map List, is Here

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

361 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Do I get to keep Google One Storage if I cancel?

Hi @neerajtheblogger,

Thanks for raising up the question. 

Much acknowledgement from @StephenAbraham, for the detailed explanation regarding the inquiry.

Follow up from that, you may also take a look at Purchase, cancellation, & refund policies for the Drive storage.

I have moved this post to How to Redeem Google One Offer topic, I believe the community can access to it more easily from there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Bug in Google One Perk

Hie team, 

I just received an email saying that you're a local and you're welcome to use trial of Google One for 12 month. I followed the steps but when it redirect me to subscribe, I can not press it because it is not visible. I don't think sharing screenshot is permissible here. 

Tagging Google Moderator @GeorgesHR to look into it. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Google perk for me from Google

Google perk::)Google perk::)

@MaxNYC@TraciCThank google  you for this. 

Keep expoloring with cute smile on google map.

Level 9

Re: Bug in Google One Perk

Hi @deepakjhic:

Are you currently already a subscriber of Google One or perhaps previously a subscriber of Google Drive? 

You can share a screenshot, as long as you block out anything that would identify you (ie. private information like email, phone number, etc.)

And for future reference, please tag the Google Moderators in this post.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for pitching in letting me know about the active Google Moderators. I'm new to Google One but please elaborate a bit more about the subscriber of Drive? Every gmail account holder has free access to google drive. I never made any purchase with any google product. 

Thank you. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@deepakjhic: Prior to Google One, users may be subscribers to Google Drive by purchasing either monthly or annual plans for addition space. 

As Google One is new to certain regions, I wonder if it is just taking a moment to roll out completely. Have you had a chance to try again after clearing cache in your browser? And perhaps trying using an incognito browser in Chrome?

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Re: Google perk for me from Google

Congrats. I got it too. But none of my cards are being accepted as a payment option. All of them are being declined. What about you?

Level 8

Google one perk

So baiscally I am an old local guide from few years and I see many perks (google drive perk) earlier it use to give 1tb then decreased the space after few time it closed the program of giving free drive space 

Now I recieved email of Google one subscription of 1 year because I am level 8, level 7 may receive 3 months subscription 

The thing here is I would like to share my experience on the earlier perks 

The swiggy perk which was given few months ago, I literally ordered a food and they gave me cash on delivery where as I paid as coupon and the coupon was used and no one was ready to help, I had proof that time of the whole process with screenshots but swiggy declined to help  (leave it , it's just a small amount so not a big deal)

Before the the perk which have free google drive storage, well yeah that's awesome, but when I my subscription ended , I stopped receiving the emails and everything stopped, I gotta forcefully delete everything or i won't receive any important emails, that's really bad concept, I mean if you can't use(continue paid subcription) after a particular time at least you should let us receive emails and do normal activities, my account was almost indirectly locked because of space, I needed to delete every single thing , then only it worked properly 

This is a voluntary program, Google gives perks occasionally is very good but after some time , the perks are kind of facing some issues or not working 

The point is that I was planning to add Google one reward but after a year again these issue will be there and I gotta delete everything so that I can use my Google account normally 

Was just saying my view, I really love contributing here and have made quite good friends , love the community!

Level 8

@ArchitOjha@I do not need it, so I did not use it.

But it is special for me.

Level 7

My card is also not accepting

Mohit