Kangarooshaha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How many views do your photos have?

I recently received an email from Google stating that I have over 5,000,000 photo views and it told me that I am one of the top photographers on Google. 

It said that I was one of "very few" with this accomplishment. 

I'm wondering if Google has a public list of how many of us have 5,000,000 plus views. I want to know how many "very few" is to Google. 

Thank you, Angela

23 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How many views do your photos have?

@Kangarooshaha, congrats on reaching this major Google Maps photo views milestone! You are really helping out your community.

Google, however, does not publicly publish a list of Local Guides and their Google Maps photo views milestones due to maintaining individual Local Guides member privacy.  

I can tell you though if you do a search here on Connect or stay active and visit Connect frequently you will see fellow Local Guide members announce their Google Maps photo views milestones. 

For example, this Tuesday, I received an official Local Guides email that stated I reached 25 million photo views on Google Maps. I've seen others who have reached 50 million photo views or more milestones here.

Cheers,

Karen

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

@Kangarooshaha, congrats on reaching this major Google Maps photo views milestone! You are really helping out your community.

Google, however, does not publicly publish a list of Local Guides and their Google Maps photo views milestones due to maintaining individual Local Guides member privacy.  

I can tell you though if you do a search here on Connect or stay active and visit Connect frequently you will see fellow Local Guide members announce their Google Maps photo views milestones. 

For example, this Tuesday, I received an official Local Guides email that stated I reached 25 million photo views on Google Maps. I've seen others who have reached 50 million photo views or more milestones here.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Karen,

That is interesting since Goggle does not quantify the contribution of views.  

Some of the congrats say that my number of views are rare.

I am now exceeding 48 million views of thousands of photos.  I also have over 10,000 other photos on Yelp & wish I could somehow port

them over.  I find that it is far easier to post full resolution pics on Goggle Maps...even with my fancy 36 Megapix Pentax K-1.  I used to have

so much trouble reformatting my pics down to 10 Megs so that they could be uploaded to Yelp.  While Yelp does estimate that around 700-to 

1 million viewers see my pics every 3 months...I think that my Goggle pics benefit a wider audience without the "drama" of Yelp.

I now take far more pics on my Goggle Pixel phone, my iPhone, and my DSLR cameras than ever before.  The Pixel phone is especially

good as a tool for Goggle Maps since you can take many pics & upload on the fly [assuming I am getting a good T-mobile signal].  I can

also find that I can use some of those pics for Yelp, since Pixel stores them.  

Sadly, if I have a marginal cell signal, sometimes dozens of

pics can be lost if the upload fails.  

Anyway, my goal is to add thousands of more pics to my collection for everyone's benefit & go from 700k views a week to well over 1 million.

It is a fun & rewarding hobby.  It also helps me become a better amateur photographer.

Thanks,

Paul 🙂 

Level 8
Level 8

Amazing pictures attract amazing number of views. Thanks for sharing on Google map. 

Level 8

congrats for your achievement. But we can see people with views are out there . We cannot compare the views with others. Mostly this happens because if we take pictures of famous locations we get better views. Its only my thinking it may be right or wrong.

Level 8

I have 1100 photos and approx 1.3 Million times people view my photos.

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Level 8

I'm currently at 18 million + views

Level 9

Hi @KarenVChin!

I understand how does it work . Can you send any link so that I can go through mine also ?

Mondrito

Connect Moderator

@MONDRITO, I cannot send out any links myself do, like I said before here in this thread, due to privacy. When you do reach a Google Maps major milestone, such as photo view count, you will get an official email sent to the email address you provided  when you join as a Local Guide. Be sure to check your email, including your spam box on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hi @KarenVChin ! 

It's okay .

Mondrito