Denise_Barlock's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How is life different living in a mobile RV vs a house?

@Denise_Barlock I always wanted to live a lifestyle like yours. You get to explore new places and it's never boring. From the post it seems you are really enjoying it.

But, do you miss your hometown? Do you often go back to visit it?

ps: I love that google map stand you put up. So creative.

Connect Moderator

@TheEagleEye So far I've only heard of just a few folks outside the US who do extended stays in a RV. It's great to hear that NZ is also a place where the lifestyle is possible.

We have been following the stay at home (or RV) directive where we currently are which is Myrtle Beach, SC. We are very fortunate to have been here as we have the beach to walk during the day with lots of social distancing possible. 

...but we can't afford to stay here much longer. We're going to move to a friend's house in Raleigh, NC on the 15th and we'll follow the stay at home directive there probably through the rest of this situation.

We are very fortunate that our RV is mostly self sufficient and is fine to isolated in.

Thank you for asking about our welfare!! It is quite challenging for the 1 million full time RVers who are traveling the US who may not have a sanctuary place to go to.

I did apply for Connect Live 2020 and the link to my application stuff - My Maps contributions are focused on my ever-changing life! What about you?

Connect Moderator

@sparekh You are right that life is never boring! 🙂 

Miss our hometown? Yes and no. We still have contact with our friends through text and Facebook and we go back to visit 2 to 3 times a year. What we find is that when we are back, we realize how much slower life is outside of the cities we left. We, now, really love the slower lifestyle vs the hometown we left. We love to go back and visit but we are always happy to go back to our new "normal".

Level 10

Thanks for reply @Denise_Barlock and pleased all is good for you.

Yes I applied for Connect Live 2020. 

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

@Denise_BarlockTThank you for sharing your life in an RV. I really like the lifestyle.

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Connect Moderator

@SaifIS Thank you!!!! It's unique and challenging at times 🙂 ...and fun 

Connect Moderator

@Denise_Barlock 

Wohohho that's cool travelling mailbox , I'm never hear before . I'm not sure in Indonesia available . 

Thank you for replying

Connect Moderator

@Nyainurjanah I bet there's an equivalent in most countries for those who want the nomadic lifestyle 🙄 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @Denise_Barlock , this post is something I wait for from you since last year event! I am curious about how the procedure of entering new country using your mobile RV. Did you just show the passport or anything else you? And..where's the longest place you stay during your travel?

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@NunungAfuah It was absolutely FASCINATING to go through Canada on our way to Alaska. We did show our passports but the border patrols searched our RV from end to end for an hour and a half!!! We couldn't take fresh produce through and there were limits on amounts on certain items like dog food 🙄 ...and this is just some of the issues of crossing the border with an RV. Eeeekkk!!!

The longest we've stayed somewhere is Texas when we spent time with Dave's Dad which was about 4 months when we were having problems with our Jeep. We normally stay about a month anywhere 🙂 

One must be very flexible with our lifestyle! hahahaha