Rojent's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How do you became a local guide ?

Well everyone here might have a story behind how you became a local guide. 

# How was the experience about the first post , review and that thumbs up for your reviews ??

# how do you know about the maps local guide features by self or by sites or by other guides or else ??

# How its feel to leveling up the points ,the reviews being viewed the photos you share have  good views  ?

Probably how it feel to be just YOU and sharing out, helping out others by giving valuable information that is missing. By sharing ur personal experience how you feel out being .

Be genuine about your views and recall that first moment of that guide spirit .come lets have some funs also 😊😊

#localguides

#Nepaliguide

#promote2020nepaltourism

#uniteguide

#localguidesconnect

7 comments
Level 7

Re: How do you became a local guide ?

Hey @Rojent,

The reason I became a local guide was because I wanted a way to track all my journeys. I then became addicted to closing the rings on the badges and took them as a challenge. But now I really enjoy the community, as a traveler I think leaving a review, photo, or video could possibly help the next person that is walking the same path. It definitely helps me during my travel prep, I look forward to seeing the future as a local guide! 🗺 ✈️

Level 8

Thanks for this great post, @Rojent. It brings back my wonderful memories of joining to Local Guides Program. I studied Civil Engineering and during my college days, i once took a photo of a Hotel so that I will try to design it in the software. When When I was viewing that hotel in Google Maps, i remember as it asked to upload to Maps then i uploaded. A week later, I got a mail saying that photo has been viewed 1000 times and is helpful to others. That mail had rhe invitation to join Local Guides Program. I joined it right then. From then, to till now, it is being an amazing journey as a Local Guide to me. I learned almost all things through Connect with the guidance of Googlers and fellow Local Guides. It is an amazing feel realising how much the photos I shared in Google Maps, reviews I wrote are helpful to others. Thank you! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing the values of the Local Guides community @Rojent. Why don't you organize a meet-up in Nepal? You can find some tips in How to host a meet-up

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Today after reading your post I'm remembering those days when I joined the program. It was the time of Local guide summit 2017 when I joined the program. I was curious to apply for summit and In 10 to 15 days I added many photos and reviews to maps and reached the required level.

At that time I was having a camera but photo sense wasn't quite good. On google maps I love to add missing places. I had updated the complete area where I was working. Added so many places in whole industrial area. It was my hobby and in few days I became addicted to maps.

I had used maps in 2011 in my first cell phone. It was Symbian but it gives me more information about maps. That was the time when I firstly used maps and loved it. 

My first post on connect was about to know how local guides helping others. This post becomes quite famous and got few comments which encourage me to post more on connect. 

I feel proud when I contribute to maps. Just one thing comes up in my mind it that "It will help others". Leveling up also gives an amazing experience. It tells us how much we contributed to maps and in connect every post is joyful. 

Thank you very much for asking @Rojent

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Hello @Rojent thanks for saring the amazing post with community.

Since my school days i love photography but that time i was not aware about Maps and that time i was only using java phone:)

But when i moved to colege for Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering then i purchase a android device (i am still using the same device), everytime i capture photos by my cellphone once i capture some photos of my college building (that time my location was turn on ) then suddenly i open maps then in reviews my photos was there and maps asking me to upload it, that time i upload first time photo in maps (without posting any reviews with photos ) i remember the month and year it was April 2016. 

After that i starting contributing on maps and now i feel proud to be part of the Local Guide community.

Thanks a lot to recall my map journey!

Level 8

@IrrPavlova  I am looking a way out but doesn't have exact resources how to host out and that badges or t-shirt logos . 😑😐😔 And even map/google isn't much concerned for nepal i think .

Former Google Contributor

You don't need a t-shirt or a logo of the program to organize a meet-up, @Rojent. 🙂 In fact, using the official logo of the program is disagrees with the rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!