Isitua's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How difficult was it making your connect live application video?

I thought it would be nice to share our experiences in making the minute video application to connect live submit 2018.

I guess this was the most difficult part of the application.  It took me several deleted videos ( i.e 20 plus videos) on a 2 days time frame... and still mine didn't appeal to me as awesome  :)! 

Making video is a very difficult task for me especially when you have to role play and as a lead actor/actress in it :)! 

What about you? 

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How difficult was it making your connect live application video?

It is challenging to make the video @Isitua, I have to admit it gets easier each year. In my first year I was like you, I did about 10 videos. This time I started by jotting down the points that I wanted to cover, then I refined that so it would fit in minute. I had a think about the words I wanted to use. I filmed my video and voice over seperately and put them together in an editing tool, I also included a bit of music to relieve the monologue.

Regards Paul

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich Yeah,  it will get below over time...but you've adapted a more professional process. I didn't follow this process when making mine.  It is more of a novice production... but it was fun and good learning experience.  Thanks for the tips and response :)! 

Connect Moderator

I'm glad you found the process fun @Isitua I think the main point of the videos is to get you to talk about yourself and come to the realisation that you can do anything you want to do and you can talk about yourself in a positive way. Well done and good luck with your application.

Regards Paul