NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How different is Tea in your country .

Nice post. I have heard of a shop here which provides 118 types of teas. Thinking to visit that place.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @NarenChandra,

Thanks so much for this post! I am not a coffee drinker, but really love tea. Here in Bulgaria we drink lots of herbal tea (mostly with mint, thyme, some local mountain herbs), also tea from various fruits like berries, or one of my favourite ones is fig tea!! In Bulgarian language tea is also called Chai (written in our alphabet looks like this: Чай). It's not very common to mix tea with milk here, but I love having black tea with milk. 

@WaweruM, please tell me what's Mandazi. It looks delicious.

Thank you all.

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

(c) instructables.com(c) instructables.com

@NadyaPN

Mandazi are similar to doughnuts but with a triangular in shape, having a little bit of a sweet taste which can be differentiated with the addition of different ingredients. However; they are typically less sweet than the United States style of doughnuts and are usually served with tea (chai)

Great @WaweruM, we do have a similar pastry here. It's called Buhti. People usually put feta cheese in them, but I prefer them plain with some strawberry/peach jam.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @WaweruM and @NadyaPN , no matter where on earth i understood tea is mostly called Chai , and loved by every one , few like it with milk some like it with water but finally love to drink it .

Mandazi looks so delicious . 

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP 118 seriously , then it must be visited , i hardly know 25 types of tea. 

Level 10

Hi @NadyaPN@BishowvijayaP@James8Arthur@HelloSamsonR like @WaweruM said in kenya they drink chai with Mandazi , in Hyderabad we drink chai with authentic Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuits / Khara biscuits /Fine biscuits.2017-12-20.jpg

@OSAMA what do you eat along with chai .

Hey @NarenChandra,

These biscuits look delicious! My favourite photo is of the Khara biscuits.

Thanks for sharing them!

- Nadya

Level 10

@NarenChandra Photos looks great. What is Mandazi ?

Level 10

Like chai, biscuits are also worldwide @NarenChandra.