DanielPetrov's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How dangerous it is to contribute to Google maps?

Lol @Golam

That was pretty scary! 

I probably feel less the same as you but now I know you understand what I was passed on!

Stay save and keep good!

And I wana say something more if see my status I have that hot fancy good looking black 10 level badge that we talk before...I so great feeling today (just wana to shared) !

Level 8

Thanks for such informative post. Keep it up!

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @DanielPetrov A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Thanks for your post, unfurtunately this is a common experience for many Local Guides, and with a simple search you will find a lot of posts about this subject.

My personal experience is to ask all the time. In some case, with small business, the best solution is to introduce yourself to the business as a Local Guide, explaining in a clear way that this is a free, volunteer activity, show your contribution profile in Google Maps, and show them how other business appear in Maps. In some case, after that, some owner was helping me in taking photos, showing to me the most interesting points of the shops.

It can be a funny and interesting experience but, if the answer is not, we have to understand that we don't have to insist.

Avoid all the time to take photos of people, this is a basic rule that we should follow all the time

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

With Peace & Love
- PRK
Level 10

@ErmesT ...so, is it appropriate to tag selfies and group photos for removal? Or, is this something that Google is still just gently discouraging at the moment?

Level 8

@DanielPetrov wrote:

Hey @ChandraBhanu

There is nothing to sorry about 🙂 if read my conversation with @JosephDewey you will see that actual status and status here need time to be synchronize. 

In a matter of fact yesterday i discus my contribution with owner of local and national business to make some edits map witch he didn't a prof  and I represent myself as 10 stars contributor.

I just show him screen on my phone:

Screenshot_20180504-095949.png

Wonderful. Congratulations.

With Peace & Love
- PRK
Level 8

Sometimes I face same issue