LondonOntario's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How come you receive gifts from google but not me !

oh really!!! You received a shirt and badges from google when you hit level 4??

Seriously 😒 

What am I missing here? If you received something in your mail box please post your reply here. 

I am intrigued 😕

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: How come you receive gifts from google but not me !

Level 8

Google did that a very long time ago so you will find about 1000 people (total guess at a number) got them.

Each one of us does not do this for gifts but sometimes you might get three months Play Music or something local to your country. But not everyone across the world gets them.

Dont think you are missing out.

Level 6

Oh thank you ☺️ 

i am not doing this for gift 🎁 

it is totally fun. I just thought that I was missing extra fun as I am new to this program since feb 2018.

But honestly there is something I hope to get as well as all the local guides of my city, is to be invited to google Canada in order to do an inside tour with a googler. That is a nice reward. 

#visitGoogleOfYourCountry

Not you ? 

Level 7
Solution

Level 9

Hi @LondonOntario,

Yes why not. last year I was at Google Gurugram office for a feedback event. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Hi @LondonOntario welcome to Local Guides.

The main reward is helping other people with your reviews, edits and photos in the same way that you are helped by the same from other people. Being a Local Guide is an altruistic

undertaking. Of course it strengthens the data held by Google and makes Maps a better product but that is still an advantage for the people who use the product.

When the program was smaller there were different perks to those that have been available lately. The growth of Local Guides has been meteoric going from a few hundred in the beginning to over 50 million active LG today. As you can imagine that number of people changes how perks can be managed because a welcome token like a T Shirt that perhaps costs $20 becomes a massive cost and undertaking when multiplied out by so many people. This means the perks have moved onto things that are electronic in nature (e.g. Google Play streaming Music was recently available) and are done with partners who offer things for LG's such as travel discounts which have also recently been offered.

Make sure that in your Local Guides notifications that you have emails turned on visit https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings and tick the "Perks box"

perks.PNG

Regards Paul

Level 7

No shirt at all ... but there are mails inform all that happen to my account everyday.  I think same for everybody... who receives a shirt at level 4?  Please raise your hand up.  I also got nothing... just a mail to inform you are at level 4 .... what I do suspect is sometimes I get no score from my activities... it mentions in local guide regulation there will be update score within 24 hours... hehe 48 hours my score still sleeeeeeeep..... no score increase!!!!!  At 1-2-3-4 level I saw my score update very fast.   

Level 6

I still didnt receive any gifts from Google, while I am giving my feed back always to google and its services (thru maps and places I visited, by providing genuine comments. Thx