RajievR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How Can I remove accidentally added photos, as a batch?

Recently I added a bunch of pics to the wrong place.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vVHBAsRYjEtPo11n8

(I  captured almost all their products, when I choose to share on Google Maps, app suggested me the next door supermarket. I was on the go and shared all those pics without knowing maps app have chosen the wrong place for me)

Is there a method to delete all those pictures at once without going to one by one and selecting delete?

PS: even after deleting some pics, they still appear on the place's pictures 🤔 

Colombo, Sri Lanka
15 comments
Level 10

Re: How Can I remove accidentally added photos, as a batch?

@RajievR you can delete your own photos. Click on "Your contributions", then "Photos", and the photos you want deleted, click on the 3 dots on top right of the small photo and it will give you option to delete the photo.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

Hello @RajievR,

This happens when you delete photos using your cell phone. I recommend you to try removing those photos using pc. 

Best of luck

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Thanks @TheEagleEye, but

I want to delete a a batch at once, not one by one

Level 9

This helped a bit @deepakjhic. It's a bit easier to delete this way. But it's not a batch operation too

However, the deleted pictures keep showing up again after I refresh. 

Level 9

Hello @RajievR,

Good to know that you were able to delete photos but later the appear again. Unfortunately there is no way to delete photos in a batch. 

This is weird that the photos appear again. Let me tag here connect moderator @ErmesT if he can help you in this. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

It is unusual that they reappear @RajievR it may just be stale cached data. Try checking them from a browser in incognito mode.

Generally speaking you would only add a small number of photos to a place, not every single product. Crowding the entry with photos just makes it hard to use and can trigger spam protection.

Paul

Level 9

Thanks and noted ur advice @PaulPavlinovich 

Level 9

I logged in from another new device just now and still can see the deleted pics @PaulPavlinovich

BTW, if I can cover the whole store (items) why shouldn't I? 

Connect Moderator

Yes deleting photos is a pain @RajievR but it's even worse when you cannot see your photos in your post 😞