ManojKumarDesai100's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Helpful information for tourists on Google Maps

How can a tourist take help of Google Local Guide? And what a great option it can be!  For any tourism ?

Shamgarh, Madhya Pradesh, India
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Help

Hi @ManojKumarDesai100 

Welcome To Local Guides Connect's How-toes Board.

Google maps is a complete travel guide for anyone who wants to travel anywhere in the world. A tourist can search places of interest by searching it on Google maps, when you open Google Maps, you can see a option below "Explore Nearby" as you can see in the picture which I m sharing here.

IMG_20191122_090108.jpg

And you can check the Google maps lists which has been shared by many local guides at Their Google maps profiles, it can be useful to choose or get information before your visit to any place.

Infact Now a days Google Maps became so advance & easy to use for everyone, with text and voice Features. Google maps Lists by Local Guides, Visitors reviews, Uploaded Photos, are more than any thing to get info about any place before visit.

For further information I would like to Tag @RadieN for further guidance.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Re: Help

Hello @ManojKumarDesai100,

Thank you for reaching out and thank you, @KashifMisidia for giving such an accurate answer!

@ManojKumarDesai100 I'd like to also recommend you to check out the new For You tab feature on Google Maps, which is described in this article: Introducing a new way to discover places on Google Maps. Based on your previous contributions, Google Maps is suggesting to you places that might be interesting for you depending on your previous contributions. You have the option to add experiences you discovered to your Want to go list. The For you tab (visible on the photo below) is representing your affinity with the places you rate and write reviews about.

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

For example, if 90% of your rating and reviews are in a restaurant where they serve Pizza, and 10% in Vegan Restaurants, maps will give to you a higher affinity to Pizza restaurants. Rating is the number of stars you give to rate if you liked your experience at a place or not. To read more about how to write ratings, please visit Write reviews and add ratings for a place.

You can also have a look at the article Find place you'll like

Please note that I will also edit the title of your post so that it's more easily recognizable. This way other Local Guides who are having the same inquiry will be able to find the solution easier.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!