DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Help me to change the correct spelling of this village name

Hi,

For the past two years I have not been able to fix the correct spelling of Gomotia, (a local village name) from Gomutia.

Also in Bengali the correct term is গোমোতিয়া and not গোমুতিয়া

Here is the place link on Google maps where the entire name is wrongly showing and there is no option to correct the name. 

DrShaunak_0-1709390731109.png

Could  someone help me please ? @DeniGu I am tagging you for a possible solution. 

Thanks,

Shaunak 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Hooghly, West Bengal, India
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Help me to change the correct spelling of this village name

@DrShaunak 

Please seek help with this in the Maps support forum. Such data issues are better dealt with there. 

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach.

Without such official documentation, you will not be successful.

Cheers
Morten

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen Thank you for your help. I will check the link soon. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

@DeniGu your/ any Googler's help is highly appreciated. 

Level 8

Okay nope  @DrShaunak  you can put your issue on Google map help community to Diamond Product expert they can possibly help you either they escalate to Google map team.

Hope this help you.🤝

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Connect Moderator

Hi @DrShaunak 

Please write this in the Maps support forum

and share the link with me, I will ask the map team to correct it. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.