M83's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Have 66 approved 360s, but on stats it shows 0?

Hi all, I have over 50 individual 360 images on maps now, all have been approved when you look at each one. But when you look at your stats it shows 0 approved images? 

Just wondering why why this is and how do I know if there is a problem? 

25 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: Have 66 approved 360s, but on stats it shows 0?

Oh, that explains - I was wondering about that. Anyhow, thanks again! @M83

View solution in original post

Level 7

@M83 Don't worry mate ! sometimes it takes time for update so be patient 

Level 9

Hey @M83,

The first thing for a street view trusted photographer is, have you checked your blurring in your all photos. 

Every time when someone post problem about this badge, we find the problem in blurring. 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7011737?hl=en

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @M83 What kind of time span did you take the 66 approved 360s? (e.g. all within the last week week?). Did they all disappeared all of the sudden en mass?

I noticed you don't have your SVT badge yet. or the badge disappeared?

@deepakjhic It is rather unlikely that all 66 photos disappeared in one go due to Google disqualifying all of them. Just look how long it takes them to remove spam photos.

There has been some issues with SVT lately.

Level 9

@WetCoastCanuck m not saying that all photos have same problem. May be there are some photos who didn't meet the criteria. 

Level 10

Hi @deepakjhic If the criteria was not met, the picture would not have gotten the Approved sign in Streetview app (assume the OP is correct). I surmise the Approved / Disapproved in Street View is strictly technical and is done via a scan of EXIF (e.g. image width, height, and sphere extensions). I think it is mainly for people using the Streetview app to take photospheres so the users don't skip parts of the spheres and leave blanks. You can submit incomplete / not approved photosphere to Google Map outside of Streetview. Despite of all the hype, AI / machine vision is expensive no way Google will spend the money on scanning people's photo, when they can sell the cycles out via Google Cloud.

Blurring only becomes an issue to the photographer when another user complains after they see things that needs blurring. I highly doubt the OP will get 66 photosphere withdrawn due to blurring complaints.

Level 9

WetCoastCanuck, thank you for information you have shared with us. 

Allow me to to invite @LucioV for more information. 

Thanks. 

Level 10

Same with me too, even though photos have thousands of view but still it is not showing as approved.

Level 8

Hi @M83,

Can you do a quick test by publish a new PhotoSphere using SV and tell us the result?

Does the PS show up in Maps?  In SV under your profile?  Are the Stats updating?

Level 10

I stop to see overall stats... i think that don't really reflect the status of my pano.

All the numbers, as soon as they grow, start to be not so meaningful.

I'm just concerned about published and paid tours with my SVT account!!