Freemeisan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Happy to Connect with the World!:The most interesting thing I've done as a Local Guide

Olango Island, Philippinese.Olango Island, Philippinese.

I think it is the most interesting thing that started the Local guide to enjoy the fun of posting information to people around the world instantly.

Hello there! I'm Mei from Japan. I'm a local guide Level 8 base of Taipei city in Taiwan. When traveling abroad, it is very fun to ask the locals for directions. However, nowadays, people can gather information in advance on Google Maps, which makes traveling more efficient than in the past. It's very rewarding for me to be able to provide photos and tips on those platforms. I'm very happy that a casual photo can help someone.
Flight from Singapore to London via DohaFlight from Singapore to London via Doha
Oh, and it's a surprise that many people see the Local Chinese restaurant photos I took casually while I was on Cebu Island in the Philippines. (Over 350,000PV !!)

Also, posting to a local guide is not an option to force me or anyone to post to, so it's tempting to be able to write my honest opinion.
Taipei, TaiwanTaipei, Taiwan
The Google Map service itself is used all over the world, and it no longer plays an essential infrastructure role among people. For example, how to get on a train or bus, weather such as temperature, degree of congestion, etc. I'm proud of being part of Local guides to such convenient and everyone-used services.

I'm sure I will continue to post information to people around the world as a member of the Google Local Guides. I hope to see you soon on Google’s campus in California's Bay Area this October! 🙂
Taipei, Taiwan
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Happy to Connect with the World!:The most interesting thing I've done as a Local Guide

@Freemeisan さん

はじめまして、こんにちは。ローカルガイドコネクトへようこそ!

楽しい活動紹介、ありがとうございます。世界中のいろいろなところを旅されているのですね。特に印象に残った場所や楽しい場所など、マップでは紹介しきれない魅力ある場所を発見したらぜひまた共有して下さい。

コネクトには全国各地の日本人ローカルガイドもいますので、よろしければぜひ交流も楽しんでいってください。もちろん台湾在住の日本人や、台湾の方もたくさんいらっしゃいます。
こちらには日本人ローカルガイド向けの便利情報をまとめてありますので、参考にして下さい。
日本人ローカルガイドのためのお役立ち情報

こちらで日本語での自己紹介もしてみませんか?よろしくお願いします:-)

Level 10

Re: Happy to Connect with the World!:The most interesting thing I've done as a Local Guide

Level 8

@HiroyukiTakisawa メッセージありがとうございます。コネクト楽しみたいと思います!

日本のローカルガイドコミュニティもあるのですね、早速申請してみました!

Level 8

@ken_jp Hi thank you for your response too!

Connect Moderator

@Freemeisan さん

ありがとうございます。まだまだこれからのコミュニティなのでよろしくお願いします!

Level 8

【For your reference】I've done to upload the Application Video for Connect Live 2020!

Finally, I've done to upload the Application Video for Connect Live 2020 in California.

Please use it as a reference for your video. I hope to see you on Google campus this October 2020. Also, I wish I could be chosen by Google! 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

Re: 【For your reference】I've done to upload the Application Video for Connect Live 2020!

Hello @Freemeisan,

I'm just letting you know that since your video is related to your Connect Live 2020 application, I've merged this post to your application post. 

This will not affect your application in any way and is simply done in order to keep Connect organised.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Re: 【For your reference】I've done to upload the Application Video for Connect Live 2020!

Hi @MortenSI,

I appreciate your work on the merger to avoid confusing other applicants. Thank you!