TiffanyL99's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhi! Celebrate Gandhi Jayanti by continuing his mission

Caption: A photo of the Mahatma Gandhi statue against a clear sky in Gandhi Maidan, Patna, India (Local Guide Ganesh Khetriwal)Caption: A photo of the Mahatma Gandhi statue against a clear sky in Gandhi Maidan, Patna, India (Local Guide Ganesh Khetriwal)All across India, people are paying their respects to one of the greatest Indian leaders in modern history, Mahatma Gandhi. His birthday, October 2, is an Indian national holiday called Gandhi Jayanti and is also celebrated as the International Day of Non-Violence.

Back in September, we announced our partnership with the Swachh Bharat Mission, a mission that was founded in honor of Gandhi’s dream of a cleaner India. We asked Local Guides like you to contribute to his dream by helping others find public toilets with a #LooReview—and many of you have already added your own!

Local Guide Emm Dee Singh shared a great #LooReview that covers all the key information people want to see on the map:

Caption: A photo of the outside of a public toilet in India. There’s two “Gents” signs and a “Public Toilet” sign with information like open hours and supervisor name. (Local Guide Emm Dee Singh)Caption: A photo of the outside of a public toilet in India. There’s two “Gents” signs and a “Public Toilet” sign with information like open hours and supervisor name. (Local Guide Emm Dee Singh)

“This public toilet is free and for both men and women. Close to Government Health Center, Sector 22C this toilet is wheelchair accessible and provide urinals for both adults and kids. You will get privacy here along with clean water to wash your hands. Although soap is not available in this Toilet the time I visit. Naphthalene were not there in urinals also there was no fan inside the washroom. This toilet is open from 6am to 10pm. #LooReview”

Reviews and photos like these will help guide others to clean, well-maintained facilities in their area. It only takes a few minutes to share all the key points.

Ready to write your own #LooReview? Here are some quick tips to get you started:

• Search for “public toilets near me” or “SBM Toilet” on Google Maps
  • Add a photo of the outside so people can easily find it  
  • Review how clean the facilities are and note if anything is broken
  • Check for hours, cost, privacy, and anything else that stands out
  • Be sure to include the hashtag #LooReview

We’ll be looking for our favorite reviews to share on social, and adding the hashtag at the end makes your review easier for us to find. Your #LooReview could be featured next!

Have you posted a #LooReview? Share a link to your review in the comments!

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhi! Celebrate Gandhi Jayanti by continuing his mission

Hello @TiffanyL99,

Thank you so much for remembering Bapu. I've been in North India 4 days ago and captured only one photo of a toilet. I'm working on my contribution(reviews/photos) slowly slowly. Thank you for this post too. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Re: Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhi! Celebrate Gandhi Jayanti by continuing his mission

Hello @TiffanyL99

Thanks for sharing this post. 

We have already completed our meetups on 2nd October and mapped many toilets on Google maps during our meetups in many cities. You can see here shared photo album by Gujarat Local Guides. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mV1fpmfVHjp3VAje7

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@TiffanyL99 Thank you for sharing. He has inspired lots of people around the globe.