Eros_Hassen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Gran Sabana, Venezuela

Caption: 4x4 cars on tour in the Gran Sabana, passing through a stretch of rocks and streams.Caption: 4x4 cars on tour in the Gran Sabana, passing through a stretch of rocks and streams.

The place has already served as an inspiration and setting for the recordings of the movie Jurassic Park, so they say.

Located in southeastern Venezuela, the region is part of one of the country's largest National Parks, the Canaima National Park.
With unique paradisiacal landscapes, with high waterfalls and gorges, in addition to extensive savanna vegetation.
It is one of the oldest geological formations on earth, extending to the border of Brazil and Guyana.

Grand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 6.pngGrand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 8.pngGrand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 9.pngGrand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 1.png
Grand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 13.png

Venezuela has been experiencing a serious economic and social crisis for some years.
Thousands of Venezuelans emigrate to other countries, including going on foot, due to the lack of conditions and food, following the border countries, including Brazil, with the main entrance being the state of Roraima.

Caption: A visitor who had just exchanged his money for a Venezuelan bolivar, fanned the notes. 14 notes of 2000 bolivars each, totaling approximately only 0.11 US cents.Caption: A visitor who had just exchanged his money for a Venezuelan bolivar, fanned the notes. 14 notes of 2000 bolivars each, totaling approximately only 0.11 US cents.

In this photo it is possible to see how Venezuelan money is devalued.
This range of money bills totals only about 0.11 cents.
Much of its people currently live in conditions of extreme poverty. University-educated citizens are subject to any activity in other countries, for a few bucks. Any money or donation received in another country is much more than what you would get in Venezuela.

In the Gran Sabana, several indigenous groups live together, including the Pemons. In this itinerary, it is possible to know some of the region's several waterfalls and mountains, such as the famous Monte Roraima among others.

Caption: Some indigenous huts in front of the famous Monte Roraima in the background.Caption: Some indigenous huts in front of the famous Monte Roraima in the background.

Grand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 14.jpg

I was taking a selfie, only later, when I saw the photos, I realized this at least curious scene:

Grand Sabana - Venezuela - Eros Hassen 11.png

Eros_Hassen
Santa Elena de Uairén, Bolívar, Venezuela
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Gran Sabana | Venezuela

@Eros_Hassen  Thank you for sharing amazing photos and useful information and warmly welcome you at   My house