DonBrowne's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Map Photos Not Showing Up

@YK1001 might be worth tagging in a Googler on this one to check out the account and communicate with @DonBrowne privately to see if the account is in good state.

Level 8

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

@DonBrowne should mention our Google Moderator if he suspects his LG account is being blocked.

Personally, if I am facing this issue, I will first do the basic checks regarding Photo contribution.  Then further to check if other contributions (review, Map edits) got denied immediately or not.

And I will also cross check with Mobile Maps app and Desktop Maps.

Level 8

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

@DonBrowne should mention our Google Moderator if he suspects his LG account is being blocked.

Personally, if I am facing this issue, I will first do the basic checks regarding Photo contribution.  Then further to check if other contributions (review, Map edits) got denied immediately or not.

And I will also cross check with Mobile Maps app and Desktop Maps.

Connect Moderator

@YK1001 indeed he should I agree. I get rejected from time to time too but if it is happening consistently then likely there is something wrong. 

Level 8

@LuisRG & @YanniY I am still after more than a week not seeing any photos show up although I am able to add reviews using my Kindle Fire. On the computer I can add photos that are already in my Google Photos account, but on the Fire can no longer add photos from the Amazon photo account or the Amazon Fire camera. I've been using the Kindle for photos successfully  on Google maps for years and hundreds off photos.

Connect Moderator

I wonder if there has been some update to the Kindle Fire that is stopping it work properly with Maps. Are you using the Amazon store version of Maps or have you side loaded a Maps apk yourself? If you've side loaded it then it won't update by itself and you'll need to update manually periodically by removing it and side loading a new APK so that you stay up to date. The internal API behind Maps will be changing regularly to accommodate the new client features.

Regards

Paul

Level 8

Finally my photos are being posted to Google Maps uploading them from my Kindle Fire which I use to take the photos, as I've done for a long time. Not sure what the problem was for the last month, but as of about August 21 uploads are working fine now from Kindle Fire which works great in posting Local Guide photos to the maps.

Level 9

@DonBrowne  Excellent technology is always great.  Good news though and let's hope it does not start being fussy again.

Level 5
Level 5

I have been using Google contributions to add photos to Google maps where there are not any street view photos available. Particularly the street where my parents are moving to.  1 street over it looks like someone has done this successfully.  

I see the pictures in my contributions history and profile but when I use Google maps you can't see the street views I added. 

It shows that there have been views but I don't see them. 

Check out Jeff Bruner's Street View contributions: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/116453419544881269156/photos

Level 7

I have exact problem here. Only photos from the Google Map app on Android go through. Most of the photos upload from Desktop WebApp doesn't show up in "Photos" tab.